1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

binders and breathing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mischief, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Hi everyone. I posted a thread like this in the Physical and Sexual Health sub forum, but I was left with some unanswered questions. (Thank you to those who did actually answer it, I really appreciate it)

I was wondering if any other guy has had a problem with shortness of breath, during and long after taking a binder off. As it was questioned in my other post, my binder is the correct size for me and is not too small. I've worn my binder three times in the past three weeks, and it seems to be really irritated. I'm consistently having to try and take in deep breaths, because I get the sensation of suffocating. I can't yawn properly either.

I haven't gone to a doctor about this yet. Does anyone know what this could be, and if I should see my GP?

*Note: This has been going on for roughly 2-3 months now. I've been wearing my binder for around 7.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you wearing your binder too long? I know I had intense breathing issues with my binder from wearing mine too tightly and too long (like 7AM-10PM).

3. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you shouldn't wear it for longer than about 8 hours. How long do you use yours?

4. Mischief

Mischief Guest

When I'm at school, I'm binding for around 6 hours every day. Even when I go out, I never go over that.
    My trip to Japan where I was wearing it for around 10 hours every day for two weeks straight has contributed to it being irritated. But, it has just progressively gotten worse over the past 3 months that it's been happening.

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say stop binding and get your lungs checked out by a doctor. I can't say what the issue is or what exactly is causing it, but it certainly doesn't sound normal or healthy.