1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by elizzie, Jul 20, 2015.

1. elizzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    so i've been really confused about my gender identity recently and i'd really like to hear another person's input so i don't feel as alone. I am a biological female and a lesbian if that matters. Too start off, I feel comfortable in my body and would not like to change it. So I haven't really experienced any body dysphoria. The only thing i sometimes get a tad bit dysphoric about is my breast, which is already very small. Sometimes I mean I think it'd be nice to have a binder. But anyway, regarding gender expression and feelings, mine change frequently. Sometimes I'll want to be super girly, and I'll put on a dress, wear makeup, curl my long hair, and do other traditional "girly" things. I really enjoy feeling girly sometimes. But then there is also another side of me that is completely different. Other times I'll want to cut my hair short and put on a dapper suit and tie. I'll feel handsome and manly and I'll really like it. And then there are times when I feel like I'm somewhere in between these two poles. And I know this sounds like I'm only dealing with gender expression here, but it's more about how I feel when I do these things. My guess is that I'm gender fluid, but I honestly have no idea since I'm so new to all of this. And I also wonder if someone is truly gender fluid even when they are comfortable with their body. Thank you for any help in advance :slight_smile: