1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by greyvause, Jul 20, 2015.

1. greyvause

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    so im not really sure what my sexuality is. (Im a girl and I'm 16)

it all started when i was in grade 7, me and my best friend always did those am i gay quizzes, i don't remember why. We always talked about kissing each other to find out if we liked it, but we never got around to do it because we were scared. I always thought that was normal and that all best friends do this so I forgot all about this.

But then I started watching Orange is the New Black, and i think the character Alex is so hot. So all of the things with my best friend came back to me. And i became confused again. I really don't know what I am.

No guys ever like me. I've only kissed 2 guys, but i pulled away because his breath smelt, and I've never had a boyfriend. I have kissed 4 of my best girl friends. We were drinking and they were all drunk but I couldn't get drunk for some reason so I pretended that i was. And when they started kissing I joined in to make it seem like I was drunk too.

My friends always talk about the guys they think are hot but I only think they're cute. The only guys I think are hot are the ones from those man candy twitter accounts lol. Ive had a couple crushes on guys though.
    But there is this girl that I think is really hot and she's a lesbian and i can totally see myself dating her (she's taken though).

What do I do. How do I figure out what I am without the whole world knowing.

2. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I may not be able to be of much help as I only discovered my sexuality last year. Places like this and tumblr are great first steps to take, doing research and hearing other ppl's stories about it. Something that really helped me was doing a ton of introspection, finding the internalised homophobia and working towards resolving it. Accepting within myself that I might be bisexual and whether or not I am that I was okay with it really helped me understand myself and look at things I've repressed.
    Based on this post it does sound like you're not heterosexual, if you want validation that you're not just crazy you're story is one I've heard often. For me it was Castiel from spn that made me realize I was attracted to guys.