1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans feelings are coming back..am I boy or non-binary?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by truetranssoul98, Jul 21, 2015.

1. truetranssoul98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Um, hi. I'm Harmony. I'm almost 17. Over the past year I've been questioning my gender. I'm just not girl. It's hard to explain I guess. I feel ok with boy and acting like one. Like how I feel most ok with telling my feelings threw rock music & putting thoughts onto paper over anything else. Anything that's relate to girls is just not me. Like the world for girls I don't belong to that... At least I think. To me girls are just another creature. I don't belong to that group yet I've been put into that group all my life. I don't want to do girl stuff. I most certainly don't want to be called wife or mrs. That's not me. I prefer to be dad than mom. I would want to be called someone's boyfriend than girlfriend. You get it? I want to wear boys clothes. All my close friends are guys well trans guys actually. It just happened that way. I feel like I'm making myself feel this way, but the "normal" person you see on the straight don't just ask themselves one day if they are trans. I want to say I'm boy, but then again I just don't feel like a gender at all. It's weird. Maybe I'm demiboy or I just don't care at all about what my gender is I don't know. Time will tell I guess.

2. KaelTail

Transmasculine, demiboy, bigender, genderfluid. These are all possible labels that could explain what you feel. Pick the label that feels comfortable to you. There's no "club membership" where you have to meet a rigid checklist of criteria to qualify. Read up and try to find what describes you best.

Personally, I go with "transmale-neutrois fluid" because I feel like I shift around in the gray area between "male" and "neutral". Some days I feel very male, and some days I don't feel strongly about gender at all. I never feel female though, and I always want a male body. To make thing simple for most people, I just say I'm a transman, even though I'm not 100% comfortable being called a "man" rather than a "guy" or a "boy". Honestly, demiboy could work for me too, but most people don't know about it, and it isn't clear on being both male and neutral, rather than male and female. I've also seen a lot of people adopt "transmasculine" to show that they fall in the "male" side of the gender spectrum, but not 100%. It's like saying you're masculine, but not exactly a "man".

Welcome to the fun world of labels! Don't let it drive you too crazy. Just go with what feels good.