1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have to come out but don't have the courage

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lonewolfblair, Jul 21, 2015.

1. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My school camp is coming up soon and if i want to be with the girls i have to talk to the student manager, my school is accepting from what i have heard but i just can't find the words to use.

But more importantly if i want girls clothes to go to camp in as well as added help in getting me onto the girls side i am going to need to come out to my parents i know my mum is accepting but my dad is a mystery i remember my parents used to watch a program called "ladyboys" that talked about trans women (i remember them asking me my opinions on them before telling me that they were once boys) so i assume that my dad would be fine but i am still scared.

2. Lazuri

At least when it comes to your parents, fear tends to drum up your expectations of a poor response. I was super worried about my dad's response and I was almost sure it wouldn't be good but he actually took it exceptionally well.

The point is, it's much more likely to go over well rather than the worst case scenarios I'm sure are running through your head right now. Your mind is an asshole, don't listen to it.

3. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am probably write a note and leave it in the dinning room for my parents to see since i will have plenty of time alone tomorrow