1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very VERY bad disphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Minnie, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Minnie

And I'm going through it right now. I'm having physical effects too. I've not felt this bad in so long. It's a dark place. It's not depression, however.
    I really need some advice for coping with this.

2. Newbonzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know in what ways I could help, but I find that doing something that can distract me from the dysphoria helps. Doing something you love, not specifically gender related, always seems to work best for me. Maybe if you got a hobby or something to take your mind off it, that could help!

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lying in bed and focusing on breathing in a slow rhythmic pattern while listening to music that you like might help you... also eating icescream can help quite a bit, the cold and smooth texture leads to a feeling of relaxation and soothes your emotions....

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling so much,

I hope you feel better soon,

Much hugs,

(*hug*)

Yael

#3 Eveline, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  4. Just Jess

If it's an option music can help a ton. Zero 7 "you're my flame" especially if you can watch the video does it for me. Headphones can make me feel invisible too.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Sorry you're feeling like that now. Like people said above, throwing yourself into doing something else, even if you don't feel like it, can help a lot. Music, tv series, anything.

(*hug*)

6. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Try to find something that is time consuming, but also fun without having to stress yourself. For me painting my nails is fun, and I need to wait for the polish to dry. Fresh polish always looks so pretty. <) Books are a life saver as well.

This might seem silly, but it can really help with a persons drawing skills. Take a blank piece of paper, and a pencil. Draw lines across the page from left to right. Once you have ten or so lines, draw freehand circles till the page is full going from left to right. This will greatly increase your hand eye coordination.