1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I get a higher voice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by person57, Jul 21, 2015.

1. person57

Hey everyone. So I have a very deep voice and I really don't like it so I was wondering if you guys have any tips that can help me get a higher voice. Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi!

This is the best video I''ve seen on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a02_j7PGTPI

There are many different ways actually! The most common way as far as I understand is to start talking from your head.

Like, with your voice, the vibrations are mostly coming from the chest. Like, if you talk and you hold your hand to your chest and your throat, you will feel a lot of vibration in your chest and a little in your throat - you want to reverse that, so that it's coming from your throat. The common phrase is "speaking from your head".

Your throat has muscles, that you need to train in order to feminize your voice. :slight_smile:
    It takes a while but you'll get there!!

Also, remember to stop when you're getting tired!

The video explains things better than me!

Hope that helps (*hug*)

3. person57

Thank you for the video, Becki :slight_smile:

4. BluhImCourtney

Beckiiiiiii, you're my savior yet again... ;<;

My voice is a huge part of my dysphoria, too, thank you. XD

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Aaaww, thanks, Courtney :slight_smile: <3

I can add some other things just because y'all are so cutesie pancakes.

Some other things you can do:
    - Read a book aloud.
    - Sing.

And a random tip. Have some water, or tea or honey water next to you and yeah that helps :slight_smile:

6. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    personaly i like singing so i used to use that when i had a deep voice from peuberty, i just get a song like fallin' by alicia keys or some song by ariana grande and sing as close to her voice as i can, then i take like a five minute break then i do another song. for me it was about slowly working my voice to match the tone of the girl i was singing to. also it helps to do a scale before you start to warm up your vocal chords, let me tell you if you dont do the scale and you practice for a while your vocals will be strained, you wont be able to talk, and it dosent feel very good, personaly it gives me a migrane so now i do the scale. and this is the scale doe ray me fa so la te do. go down to the lowest you can with doe and the highest you can with do, so sing from your toes to your ears.

7. Just Jess

If it's just pitch, try moving your adam's apple up (swallow real fast, feel that on your neck? That's what I mean) while yawning. Keep the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Your ears should pop if you are doing it right. If you do this a few times and then speak you should notice the pitch difference.

If you need to hear how you sound to others, either a voice recorder on your phone, or ******* on the web, or on ear headphones can help.

Keep practicing, voice is a muscle. It is especially hard to practice in front of people when dressed up as a boy I know, but if you can it will be easy to get your voice strong soft and feminine sooner than you think :slight_smile:

8. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    omg why didnt you come sooner! i did what u said and now i sound so much better than if i do my singing! like now i cant even get my voice down to where i normaly speak!!!

9. Lazuri

Looks like Becki beat me to it on this one.

10. Invidia

Invidia Guest

*exhibits fabulous ninja moves*