1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by drummer27, Jul 21, 2015.

1. drummer27

So, where to start... I can think of so many times in my life where I've felt like a boy. When I was younger I was all about the "boys' toys" and "boys' sports". I always always always wanted to wear a tshirt and pants and I refused to wear my hair all done up. Now that I've come to the age of 14 and puberty has started, I find myself wishing that I could get a deeper voice and that I could grow facial hair and leg hair and that I could get my growth spurt. In my head I see myself as a guy and I wish that's what I could see in a mirror. Sometimes though, I feel okay. I try to make myself like boys like all the girls at my school and I try to think that I'm pretty but it doesn't feel completely right. Can anyone make some sense of this and help me? I'm just really confused and I need all the help I can get.

2. CommasGalore

Well, it's hardly up to me to label your gender, but you sound quite a bit like a trans guy.

However, there are a lot of options out there. Could you experiment with gender presentation? Have a friend that you trust, if possible, call you some different pronouns. Of course, neither of these things necessarily correlate with gender, but they can give you a better idea.

Take your time, there's no hurry. People are complicated and so is gender. Good luck!

3. drummer27

Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate the advice!

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Commas, but, might also suggest possibly seeing if you can get an appointment with a gender therepist. Since you are just starting puberty, if you are finding the changes your body is making distressing, and really do want the other changes instead, they are one of the first people to talk to. Even if you don't end up wanting to change how your body is developing, they can be a great resource to figure out yourself.

5. drummer27

Ill have to check one out! thank you.