1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AxxeMyrmidon, Jul 21, 2015.

1. AxxeMyrmidon

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was little I used to be interested in things that boys typically like, and I used to wear boy clothes and things. Most of my friends were boys as well, but I also had friends who were girls. Then during middle school I dressed more feminine and had more friends who were girls and fit in better with them, but when I got into high school I kind of went back to how I was before, and had more friends who were guys and had similar interests like video games and things. I also got mistaken for a boy sometimes, but it didn't bother me that much. Then when I found out about what being trans was and stuff, I kind of wondered if I might be trans. I don't really have much dysphoria related to my body, but that might be partly because my breasts aren't big enough to even really be noticeable unless I wear a tight shirt. Somedays I'm okay with being a girl, and I want to do makeup and wear more girly clothes and stuff, but other days I want to look like a boy. I've even thought of what name I would use if I was trans, but I just don't know what to think anymore.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

If it's just about dressing masculine and having stereotypical "boy" interests, that doesn't make you trans. You could just be a girl with a varying gender expression. How masculine or feminine you are doesn't make you a certain gender. Are there other reasons you think you might be trans?

3. AxxeMyrmidon

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not that I can think of, it's just something I've been wondering about lately.

4. Ineedmywaifu

Out Status:
    A few people
    Depends if you want people to see you as a dude and desiring to actually be a guy, if its just wanting to act masculine and look cool like a guy, its just expression. So like yearning for everything a guys got and don't want to be mistaken as a girl. Also a case, if your genderfluid switching gender preference depending on how your feeling. But maybe try not to complicate the situation if its not needed. Transition happens if you really want to change, if your good with the way you is, stick with it.

5. AxxeMyrmidon

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, I've looked up some more stuff about genders,
    and I'm now thinking I might be bigender or gender fluid.