1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bathroom troubles at a mattress store

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Anastaisa_Lynn_14, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I needed to go to the bathroom in this matress store, my dad had already went to the men's so I needed to use the women's, as I went to the bathroom the matress lady stopped me and said "you can't go in there, there's PERSONAL stuff in there" so I proceeded because she was being rediculous as I was walking in and she pushed me back and went in. I said " we do the same thing in there. I closed the door, locked it and did my business.

What do you guys think I should have done? I mean we all pee and poop it doesn't matter if I use the women's, I mean the only difference is was there was different scented soap.:tantrum::***::bang:

2. Gen

Gen

I can't remember the last time I saw a gender specific single bathroom. Its a single occupant bathroom...

3. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I live in southern Ohio so...yeah we're a very gendered place

4. thepandaboss

I used to live in a pretty progressive area but we had those all the time in restaurants and cafes. You can still find gender specifics out in Sacramento, especially at independent places. Hell, even my hospital's ER ward had single occupant gender restrooms, which clogged up the lines because so many people were too stupid or prideful to use the opposite gender room.

That being said, I think it's really, really stupid to gender specific-y a single occupant bathroom. There's one toilet! One sink! What does it matter?

5. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, single gendered bathroom are pretty dumb, if you ask me.

We have those in many places where I live, but nobody really cares. If the bathroom is occupied, most people won't think twice about going to the other.

6. Gen

Gen

Interesting. Granted, I am terrified of public bathrooms, so I have the most minimal experience with them.

It just highlights the fact that the need for these restrictions are purely traditional because the only difference between what is inside of the bathrooms is that one has a receptacle for menstrual products. It is ridiculous.

7. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There wasn't even any pads or tampons! Like literally there was differnt scented soap that's all. Like... Really?! You don't want me to smell like pomegranate?!?!

8. Cedar

Some people can just be straight up jerks.

9. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wait a second... There are places where gendered single bathrooms aren't even a thing? What? My whole life, I've only seen genderless bathrooms once in a blue moon. Most of the bathrooms here are strictly gendered, regardless of how many stalls and you almost never even see 'family' restrooms.

I had no idea there were places with genderless single bathrooms as the norm. That sounds like paradise!

10. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you handled that quite well. The person was acting a bit strange from the sounds of it, in my opinion xD Personal stuff... riiiiiiight.

11. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm the type of person that doesn't care for altercations. I would've tried finding the opposite gender bathroom, but that's just me. I think that for yourself, what you did was very ballsy. You held your own.