1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused is an Understatement..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ChaoticMess, Jul 22, 2015.

1. ChaoticMess

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, as you can tell by the title, I'm a confused soul. I am 19 years old, straight, and biologically a female. Up until a week or so ago, I really started to question myself. For as long as I can remember, I have always been "one of the guys," and I prefer it. More and more these days I have been dressing in nothing but guys graphic t-shirts, shorts, and pulling my hair into a bun. I have always gone through these "phases" where I would dress slightly more girly and then more manly. I acknowledge that I'm not transgender because I remain happy in a girls body, (except for periods, but who really enjoys that time of the month), and I use a female name and female pronouns and am not uncomfortable with it. I have troubles when it comes to clothing, hair, activities, and interests. Most of the time, I tend to "act" more like a boy and play video games and just chill. I don't enjoy getting my nails done, or hanging out with girls. I know this is being pretty stereotypical with gender roles.. But I'm confused.

I guess with all this, I'm just trying to figure out my gender identity. Not for other people to treat me different, but for myself to understand why my head and my heart are clashing so much inside.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Like you said, that's mostly gender role stuff. To me you sound like a gender nonconforming girl.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it just sounds like you don't fit in with stereotypes. This doesn't seem to be any indication of your gender.

4. ChaoticMess

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't really feel like I fully identify with girls or boys though. Like some days I hate my body and want nothing to do with breasts and long hair. I don't know, maybe it really is nothing, but I can't help but feel so uncomfortable in my skin these days.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

Well in that case it does sound like that might be something. It might help to take some time to explore your feelings a bit more