1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if this is a phase

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by queermeerkat, Jul 23, 2015.

1. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    the very last thing i ever want to do is disrespect the trans community, ive been experiencing dysphoria and wanting to be female, even considering starting to crossdress in secret, but until three or four months ago I hadn't felt all this (or at least not to this degree/maybe i repressed it not like repression is new to me), so what if i take on that trans title then one day find out im not i just feel like thatd be disrespectful to the trans community.
    my mood says it all i suppose :confused:

2. Posthuman666

I highly doubt experiencing dysphoria and wanting to be female is a phase.

When I was little, I always knew I was different, but I was taught being different was wrong. So I repressed everything. Eventually it broke through and caused a horrible period of depression that almost killed me.

Point of that story is, not everyone really knows who they are until later in life. I only fully realized I was trans a few months ago, but I was always trans.

I really don't think it is a phase.

3. FreeButterfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how you feel... I'm concerned about that too, though I've ALWAYS felt like a guy, I'm still worried I'll 'change my mind' and realise I'm just masculine genderfluid or neutrois(even though I never identified with my bio sex/assigned gender...) I mean, I only acknowledged I'm probably trans like a week ago.

But I agree that it's probably not a phase... Dysphoria sometimes really bad or not bad at all, even nonexistent. It fluctuates and I'm sure doubts about truly being the opposite sex are normal when you don't feel entirely uncomfortable in your own skin