1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Guest123, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Guest123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    okay so I know that I am a guy and I have never felt that I am transgender. However, when I was little and when my parents weren't home I would put lipstick on. I did this a couple of times but I don't know why I would do this. I stopped doing this for a few years but I recently just put lipstick on again. I know this is weird since I'm a guy but I just wanted to know why I would do this. I know I'm not transgender or anything because I've never felt like a girl and I've never cross dressed.

2. FreeButterfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Could it be you're just curious about makeup? Despite gender roles and norms, it's pretty common for dudes to play with makeup at least a couple times and there's nothing wroing with that. Besides, makeup can be fun regardless of being a dude and it really shouldn't be something to be wierded out by( though this is also coming from someone who refuses to touch makeup outside of cosplay, so I'm not talking from personal experience)

3. Guest123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So being interested in makeup isn't that weird?

4. FreeButterfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nah not weird.

I'm sure loads of straight cis dudes would admit that at one time or another they tried on makeup (if they had access to it)

5. Guest123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Okay thanks for your help it's just been really bothering me lately

6. PurpleKitten

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree! Trying makeup really doesn't mean that you may identify as female or partly female or whatever. Make up doesn't really have to have so much to do with gender identity as much as this society has made it up to be. Make up doesn't identify your gender, you identify your gender.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Makeup, and even the desire to occasionally dress as a woman doesn't make you transgender (or, for that matter, gay.) Lots of guys just like trying these things out.

Given that you've made it clear you don't feel any sort of internal sense of being a woman, it's pretty certain you are not transgender, and what you're experiencing is... simply a normal curiosity/interest. Nothing to worry about !