1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Be Scared?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Posthuman666, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

I had an appointment with my therapist yesterday. We were talking about my gender issues and he brought up that sometimes I rush to conclusions and go all the way. He kinda suggested that maybe my gender dysphoria and being trans was a phase, but he also said he meant no offense by it. I was hurt by this. It is true that sometimes I bond with one thing only to realize I am another. This happened with religion, for example. But I first idenified as androgynous, then genderqueer, and now non-binary transgender.

I don't know. I was just really hurt by that, but I didn't say anything. I know I am trans, but he made me doubt myself. And now Im really scared.

2. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's alright as long as you know what you want. If it is what you want, make sure he knows that.

3. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I understand, having someone invalidate a thing very personal is unsettling and can make one lose trust in their own perceptions.
    You say you KNOW you're trans, go with your gut, no one can take that away from you.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't doubt yourself. What you feel right now is real and valid. It's probably not a phase and if it is, that's okay. That doesn't mean that it's not important or real right now. You are trans. You know that. That's all that matters.