1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Jul 24, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm confused about my gender right now, I think I might be some form of genderqueer. Over the past week, I've had two cases of what I think sounds like dysphoria but I'm not really sure. There are some days where I feel feminine, but some where I feel like a guy.

1. Just today, I felt really masculine and anxious. I tore through my dresser for a good 20 minutes looking for something baggy. The thought of being female kind of tore at me, and I put my hair up in a way that made it look like I had short hair. (I really wish I could cut it short). It really stressed me out.

2. This one is going to sound stupid, but I'll say it anyways. We were at the Costco and my dad was buying everyone new jackets. The closest size to fit me was really baggy and loose. There was a navy blue jacket that I liked because I thought it would make me look more androgynous. But there weren't any in my size, so I had to get a light blue one, and I just wanted to cry because it would make me look feminine.

I haven't really had any memorable episodes like these throughout my childhood. I've always identified with boys as a kid (was a big tomboy). Again, on some days I'm perfectly fine with being female, but others not so much. Advice very much appreciated!!

2. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The last thing I am is an expert, after all I'm currently going through this too (except reversed) and not sure what I am, but you might wanna look into the term genderfluid.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds right, but at the same time... I'm sort of just hoping this is just a stupid phase that will pass through. It'll be such a massive headache if I come out. Maybe if I just ignore the male side I won't have to worry about it.

4. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A piece of advice I was given recently about that is just to slowly start transitioning (for me-amab-that means painting my nails, shaving, crossdessing in private), see how it feels, go with what feels best and see where it leads. If it's a phase then eventually it'll subside, if it's not then continue on the path you've started. Worrying about the future gets nothing done, take it one step at a time.
    (I totally forget about this otherwise I would've originally posted this it's much better advice than any I could give). Hope this can help some, it really did for me.
    also yo...who has to do any coming out anytime soon?

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe it's a phase, maybe it's not, but don't ignore it. Wait to come out until you're ready, and you're sure. But in the mean time, dress how you want, cut your hair if you want, use whatever pronouns you want online. Ignoring your male side won't make it go away, it'll just make you unhappy, but you don't have to come out yet.

6. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't ignore it, you'll only feel anxious. It could be a phase, but for now do whatever makes you feel comfortable. Cut your hair, dress in masculine clothing, whatever makes you feel better. I hope I helped <3

7. Posthuman666

I agree with everyone else. Do what makes you happy. Nothing comes quickly, and gender is no exception. (*hug*)