1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid or FTM?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by staries, Jul 24, 2015.

1. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Recently I have been feeling like a boy/very masculine some days, and then other days I don't feel like any gender really. I'm not sure if it's because I have a lot of fear of identifying as male or if I am actually genderfluid. Help?

2. BENTLEY

You sound a lot like me, a genderfluid or non-binary leaning towards transmasculine.

You can read more about this term here > Transmasculine - Gender Wiki

Hope this helps ♡

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Staries, you feeling like you are means, in my opinion, that you're either male or genderfluid, depending on how you identify yourself.

Me, I identify as female because I see myself as a woman and I want others to view me as a woman.

That doesn't mean that I have to be the most feminine person in the world 24/7!

I would say that my gender is fluid between feminine and neutral. Sometimes I'm very feminine, sometimes I'm not.

I would say very many people have a fluid gender.

4. BENTLEY

↑↑↑This is also very true. A lot of people get confused, because society paints things to be either male or female, and never an "in between" or "neither". So it gets hard when you try to find a term to identify with.

It's important to remember, that if you identify a certain way- male, for example, that you don't have to appeal to every stereotype out there. You could wear a cute skirt, and still identify as a male or no gender at all, because clothes have no gender, unless you give them one.

5. staries

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for responding! I prefer identifying as male and being seen as male.

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2015 at 10:23 PM ----------

Thanks for replying! I completely agree with you.

6. KaelTail

You sound like me too! I like to embrace my more "neutral" days though, so I use gender fluid (between male and neutrois) as my identity. But then again, it's easier to say I'm transmale/masculine when I don't feel like explaining things. I also really like the term "demiboy", but most people don't really know about it.

Demiguy - Gender Wiki

Choose whatever label you like best. It's rare for any 1 label to truly describe a person, so don't worry too much about it. No matter what you call yourself, you're still you.

7. BENTLEY

THIS.

It's so hard to explain one's gender and sexuality to people who aren't fully aware of the wide variety out there, and sometimes I find myself having to simplify everything, and make it as "general/basic" as I possibly can. It's less tiring, less stressing.

Specially so, when it's someone who's not all that into the LGTBQIA+ community, and just wants to know if you're a "boy" or a "girl".