1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I really genderqueer? :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Fairyglitter, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Fairyglitter

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been hearing a lot of stories that people share about their journeys, and most of the time they start out by saying that they always knew they were different. But for me, I don't think I was even able to think that way due to my religious upbringing. But I do remember anyways wanting to be the opposite gender. That makes my story feel invalid since I wanted it. I'm not sure i felt it. If you've read this far, I'd really appreciate your opinion since I feel so helplessly lost. Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Qwertazoo

Your gender depends on who you are and how you feel. If you feel genderqueer, then you are. It can take a bit of time for you to decide your gender. This kind of thing, depending on how you feel, applies a lot to orientation too.

Or maybe this is me failing to give advice to someone, but basically, if you feel genderqueer and know what that is, then that's who you are. Well, that's at least how I became transgender.

3. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Since you helped me quite a bit, I'm going to help you. Ive felt the same recently. Maybe you're in between the two. I get what you mean by not really knowing that you were different because I never really noticed it. I probably never even felt that way until this year and I understand that confusion. I'm not that educated in this kind of thing, but it seems to me that you could possibly be male. Even though you have identified yourself as gender queer, I think you should experiment the idea of being male. Experimenting is the only way you can really truly understand what makes you feel comfortable. Hope this helped! :grin:

4. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Since you helped me quite a bit, I'm going to help you. Ive felt the same recently. Maybe you're in between the two. I get what you mean by not really knowing that you were different because I never really noticed it. I probably never even felt that way until this year and I understand that confusion. I'm not that educated in this kind of thing, but it seems to me that you could possibly be male. Even though you have identified yourself as gender queer, I think you should experiment the idea of being male. Experimenting is the only way you can really truly understand what makes you feel comfortable. Hope this helped! :grin:

5. Fairyglitter

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much both of of you :slight_smile: