1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronoun Experiementation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by firstclassitome, Jul 25, 2015.

1. firstclassitome

I've been struggling coming to terms with being trans and what that means for me and I want to try out what I think are my preferred pronouns. I feel right when I say them I say them in my head and out loud when I'm alone.

It is reasonable to ask my friends to try out using different pronouns in my general direction even if I'm not completely sure?

2. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it's perfectly reasonable, it's not asking the world of them, just a couple of letters changing.

3. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was able to experiment with female pronouns when I went to my first LGBT drop in, and it felt kinda nice, even been called my female name for the first time. I'd like to be able to use female pronouns full time, but I'm still very much a girly boy. It might be hard to explain to the people I work with, and at home. I will use new pronouns once I start HRT.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YES. Absolutely. Getting to hear pronouns used when you're not sure what feels right can really help you figure it out and friends are great for helping out with that. Tell them you're not sure about pronouns but you want to try they/she/he/whatever pronouns to see if they feel right. It's a totally reasonable request.