1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask parents to bind?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nekobi, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I didn't really know what section to put this under but this seemed to fit.
    Anyway. Basically I'm not transgender but I'm not comfortable with my chest and have decided to bind.

The only problem is I don't know how to go about it. A while ago I told my mum I wasn't comfortable with my chest and that I wanted to bind. She was confused and shot me down, basically saying something like it was puberty and that I would have to get used to it, binding is dangerous blah blah blah.

The second problem is that the only good binders I could find were on the other side of the world from me (I live in Britain) so I'm worried importing them to the uk may be kind of expensive.

Long story short I need to convince my parents to let me bind and let me buy a good binder from abroad (unless anyone knows any good suppliers in the UK). Can anyone help me, please?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know there's some people who use sport's bras to bind. If your mom won't let you get an actual binder, you could just get a couple sport's bras.

You can look at some other binding methods here: Hudson's Guide: FTM Binding

Hope this helps, good luck. :slight_smile:

3. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks! Tried the sports bras, but they don't really do it for me. This list looks interesting though; I'll have to take a look :3

4. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I buy my binders from Underworks. I understand that Underworks is based in the U.S. and therefore would be pretty pricey... So I found this site that looks pretty promising. They're based in the UK but are kinda expensive.

http://www.xbody.co.uk/

When you bind, make sure you measure yourself carefully with measuring tape and let it fit snug but not tight around the largest part of your chest. You definitely don't want the binder to be too small.

As far as convincing your parents, I have no idea. I bought my own binders online and let my parents figure it out themselves since I had already come out.

Good luck, and be safe!

5. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks Romin! I checked out the link and it looks good. Don't know how I didn't come across it before.
    And as for my parents: I'll probably do something similar to you. Tell my parents I'm binding, buy a binder and whatever if they don't like it.
    Thanks everyone