1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out rant (longish)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lonewolfblair, Jul 25, 2015.

1. lonewolfblair

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So i came out to my parents today and my dad reckons i don't have enough life experience and i need to explore my sexuality more (since i identify as a lesbian) and when he gets the café my family has been looking at he will make me work with the chefs to get some proper life experience with men even though i am far more suited to front of house service (i also hate cooking). And it annoys me because he is convinced the school won't accept me (although he is probably saying this to make me stay in the closet for another year or so and to protect me from persecution) when i know for a fact they will.
    I also find it annoying how i am being encouraged to give the manly side a chance and was steered away from exploring the female side because of my research into transgender topics, he is accepting of me if that is my ultimate decision but he believes that i need to live more first.

He even said that i wouldn't make a pretty girl :frowning2:

2. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He might be saying this in a twisted effort to protect you, he might just be in denial of it all, you're not too young to know, some ppl know far before your age.

3. j13

j13 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    congratulations on coming out! such a brave thing to do, and something I am still struggling with. I wish I had your courage - especially since you are still at school. I don't think I could have ever came out whilst still at school.

I really hope it gets better for you. I am sure your dad loves you and just wants the best. Maybe he is finding it hard to get his head around the idea.