1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey I'm new and could use some advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by metalhead 333, Jul 26, 2015.

1. metalhead 333

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hey I'm 14 and think I'm having gender dysphoria. I found this site while researching this stuff and just thought I'd give it a go and sorry if I seem dumb I really don't know all they much about LGBT. I'm probably just over reacting to thoughts everyone gets but this is really making me feel confuse. So biologically I'm female and as a kid I never really had a problem with that, I was fine hanging out with boys or girls, I was never that girly I preferred things like climbing trees to playing dress up but I still played with dolls. And it was cool I was happy, but now I don't know I like having long hair and i like some girls clothing but I'm still not happy about being a girl. My friends say I stand and talk like a boy and I quite like it when they do also I preferre being referred with male pronouns. Although I'm fine with some girls clothing, I'm uncomfortable with my body I hate having breasts, I don't know why I just hate it. I do fantasize about being a boy and honestly I think I'd be happier. When I think about the future I hate the idea of living to the social expectations of the female gender role. I also have closer relationships with the men in my family if that makes a difference. I've been feeling like this for a while now........ Maybe its just a phase........ I really don't know. Any suggestions, advice, anything will be immensely helpful. Thanks

2. Posthuman666

I think there is a chance you could be transgender, or some other gender identity. Only you can tell. But what your experiencing sounds like gender dysphoria to me.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds to me like you have dysphoria, and I suspect you are not cis. You could very well be a trans guy. Does that sound right to you?

Some of what you wrote isn't actually relevant to gender (e.g. playing with dolls. Everyone can play with dolls), but here's what makes me think you're trans:

"I'm still not happy about being a girl"
    "My friends say I stand and talk like a boy and I quite like it when they do also I preferre being referred with male pronouns"
    "I'm uncomfortable with my body I hate having breasts"
    "I do fantasize about being a boy and honestly I think I'd be happier"

Those all make me think you are a trans guy, or at least transmasculine. Try looking into some binary and nonbinary labels and see what you think might describe you best.

4. drummer27

I've been looking and looking on here to see if I could relate to anyone. I feel the exact same way. When I was younger I was all about being outside and hanging out with all the guys. I wanted to play in th dirt rather than go inside and play with dolls. But like darkcomesoon said, that's not something that has to do with gender; it's just societal norms and it seems to be one of the easiest ways for you and many other people to figure out your/their own gender.

Anyways, as for your thoughts, I think you seem like you could be a transgender male. Don't jump to any conclusions when you hear that, but think about the possiblity. When you say you think you'd be happier as a male, does that include being seen and referred to as a male? Think about how you'd be happier. Is there a possiblity that any of this could be coming from insecurities brought on by other people in your life? I'm not doubting you on your feelings by saying that. Don't push aside your thoughts out of fear of other people's thoughts, or even yours. Experiment a little with pronouns or look in a mirror and stand up tall and think about how you'd like to see yourself in ten years. You're the only person that can figure out your gender. I hope this helped even a little bit. If not, I hope you figure it all out. You have lots of time left. Don't rush anything. Good luck and stay strong.

5. metalhead 333

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hey thank you guys so much you have all been really helpful, I have a lot to think about but at least I know that I'm not just being stupid now. Sorry for mentioning things that went relevant, I was reading an article on how to tell if your transgender and it said a lot of people know from an early age and act differently in childhood. (&&&)