1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

androgyne question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by metalhead 333, Jul 27, 2015.

1. metalhead 333

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    It said on the internet that an androgyne can feel masculine and feminine in different amounts, I know there are femandrogyne mascandrogyne, but can this change? Like a fluid androgyne? Or is that just bigender? (&&&)

2. levi2000

(I'm going to assume that you're talking about your own gender)
    You can definitely be a fluid androgyne! Feel free to make up a word/phrase to define your feelings towards your gender.
    Bigender means you feel like two genders at the same time, but androgyne means you feel like you are between male and female. Any label you pick to describe yourself is valid.
    I hope you find a label that fits you!

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always told that being androgyne is like being both while also being neither. I think Levi's definition of bigender is close to what I'm describing.

Now, in my experience, it's definitely possible to be more fluid. You just tend to stay inside a margin reaching into the masculine and feminine areas, without going too much into them.

And from what I remember, bigender is where you could be male or female at any given time. Granted, the person I know this from ended up identifying as genderfluid later on.