1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General tips for MTF transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Fentrion, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Fentrion

I actually intended these tips for someone else but decided to post it as a topic instead, so I can link it to other trans women when required. I've been wanting a more feminine lower body since quite some time and have done some research on this matter, in addition to getting some tips from other androgynous folk.

-Go vegan and avoid eating meat for 1 year if possible (triggers testesterone production)

-Consume lots of soy protein, soy milk and various soy products. In addition to tofu.

-Puerarie Mirifica. If you can get your hands on this, take 2 tablets daily.

-There are various MTF exercises that can be done regularly. Such as low resistance elliptical workouts and light jogging. I'm not exactly sure about squats, because they can give your butt a rather boxy and masculine shape unless done in addition to taking hormones. If you're looking for lower body exercises, you can look into Brazillian Butt Lift. Needless to say there are a lot of MTF exercise videos on the internet.

-Traditional Yoga (not hot yoga or anything fast / muscle based) can be extremely helpful, but it would require intense discipline and dedication. Doing yoga 3 times every week can give you nice results.

If anyone has anything to add, let me know and I'll write it down.
    I hope someone finds this useful..

2. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cool, this is helpful for me. I guess you can sort of rebalance the amout of testosterone in the body with a diet change. Would drinking soy products at each meal help to grow natural breasts, or would that only happen with hormones? Going full vegan might be to hard for me, is there any meat that is safer to eat?

3. Fentrion

"Would drinking soy products at each meal help to grow natural breasts, or would that only happen with hormones?"

Probably the latter. I've known an androgynous guy who developed a very large and curvy lower body with these tips, but his chest was almost completely flat.

As for meat, if there is a kind that is "safe" to eat it'd probably be lean fishes. But I would advice cutting it out entirely for at least a year.

In addition what I wrote above, rice, vegetables and multivitamins would be helpful.

#3 Fentrion, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  4. KayJay

I don't know about those tablets, I wouldn't take them unless you run it by your doctor first. I do not think there is any scientific literature proving they have any effectiveness. The diet changes wouldn't likely have much visible effect on the body even if you did the diet that hardcore, maybe in conjunction with HRT it may help a little, but alone I don't know if it's been proven to be effective to give any drastic results. I'd advise anyone to consult a doctor before altering your dietary lifestyle like that. Just want you all to be safe, I've heard of the diet stuff before and there is truth to it but I really don't believe it'll give any visible results other than psychological knowing you are lowering T a small tiny bit.

The exersice advice is good, I agree there are some great videos on YouTube. There are good videos for voice on there as well.

I don't mean to be a buzz kill with my negativity on your two tips but I want everyone to be safe you know? Screwing around with hormones isn't something to do without being monitored by a doctor, especially if it doesn't really do all that much for you.

5. Lazuri

Don't do "natural transitions" with various diets unless monitored by a Doctor. It can result in hormone imbalances and it can have negative effects.

Exercise tips are great, though. In general you want to avoid training your upper body as much as possible and focus on building on your hips, thighs and buttocks and slimming the waist as much as possible. Combine with cardio for general fitness and fat burn and you're pretty much golden.

6. Fentrion

Good point.

There are just a few general tips off the top of my head. Anyone determined to transition should do their own research, and take specific steps as appropriate to their own situation.

Again.. If anyone has relevant advice, please share it. I don't personally want to transition, but I could still learn something new to apply on my own lifestyle.

#6 Fentrion, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  7. jamiekisses

hi . ive been taking pueraria mirifica for 2 years . there are some good research pages to find about it and i chose that as a closet use when i decided i had read enough to feel safe . it has been having good effect in the last 6 months i have noticed like fat reallocation , change of hair type , skin texture , slight muscle loss etc but the battle it has against the big T is also evident . i think it would go awesome with blockers personaly. the gp's i have spoken with and the renown endo i am now seeing have never heard of it which i find a bit weird lol . i have chosen to move toward more conventional hrt now for i feel it will be a more consistant program than finger crossing that the capsules i get in the mail are always the correct authentic dose if even the plant at all . from what i have seen the plant is a great option and has less chance of things going wrong side effect wise but unless maybe one grew it themselves and could properly measure dosages to be sure of what they were getting its always going to be a little chansy plus without blockers its really slow lol. i like it personaly its been a great start for me but its time to move past i think and serious up my transformation :slight_smile: