1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does dysphoria feel like to you?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TobaccoFlower, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never gotten this feeling before but suddenly I keep seeing other women and normally I admire them, feel a little jealous of their beauty and I move on thinking how I must look attractive to them and that life is fine. I move on. But for some reason lately I've been getting this gut-wrenching feeling that I will NEVER feel like them. That I'm doomed to look either like an obvious boy or like an unattractive, masculine, muscular woman. I get sad when I see my legs or have to shave. can't shake it (even though it is logically unsound).

Is this really body dysphoria? What do you all feel when you get it?

2. Megan335

Yeah I have the same feeling a lot, wishing I was a girl when I see girls and stuff. More like I wish I was a girl and then look at myself and realize I am not one :frowning2:. So not so much of like wanting to throw up when I see my body, but more like strong envy and not seeing my body as representative of me.

Hope that helped some....

3. MetalRice

For me, it's mostly just feeling uncomfortable with my body, hating my smell, hating the way things look, wishing I could look as attractive as women etc. through my is kind of on and off too as well.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I look at the body I live in and I simply don't see anything that I acknowledge to be me.

5. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I guess I have always felt like that, hating how I look and smell and the hair aND all that but I guess lately it's just coming up much stronger in my subconscious and it's worrying. thank you though