1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gender am I?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Asdf333, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Asdf333

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mew mew everyone~ :3

So... a while ago I've admitted to my boyfriend that sometimes I enjoy the thought of imagining myself as a cute girl, which then led to a long discussion about whether I might be genderfluid or not.

Since then I've been thinking about it a lot, but I can't find a solution to this problem.

I prefer people calling me a he, but I don't know if it's due to me being too embarrassed about it, or if I just don't like female pronouns or what.

Additionally to that I feel more comfortable in my male body 90% of the time and don't spend too much time thinking of me as a girl, however when I do I DO enjoy this thought a lot. Not too long ago I dreamed of me waking up in a Japanese home as a female and I can say that I wished I'd dreamed this dream forever.

But due to the rarity of these thoughts I am absolutely uncertain if I'm just girly, bigender, transgender, genderfluid, closed up about it or just imagining stuff.

So... I'd be so happy if you could help me with my dillema 。:゚*+;(●´・д・`●);+*゚:。

2. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to feel exactly how you are talking right now. I can say for me it changed and now I'm considering what I identify as as well. It's scary going from being a boy to accepting the girly side. But just relax, let go of the gender debate and it should fall into your lap if you just listen To how you feel and behave. I found I was afraid Of being called a she so I lashed out against it if I got confused on the phone for a girl. But as time went on I realized I missed it as my voice got deeper. Not a bad thing. Just that I missed being confused for a girl
    so maybe it will be simple but from what I hear on here it is usually Confusing. Do you ever put yourself in a girls' shoes during the day just to see how it feels?

---------- Post added 29th Jul 2015 at 01:35 PM ----------

Not literally. Obviously

3. Asdf333

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for your answer... It really helps seeing that someone feels/felt similar as me...

And no, I haven't... but I do imagine myself in girl's clothing sometimes... Though when I do... and please don't get me wrong on that, I basically whip myself mentally, as I think that having such thoughts would only lead to trouble on a social scale... I mean... if others decide to change their gender, dress in the opposite gender's clothes, etc. I don't have a problem at all, but when I only imagine doing so... I get... scared of the consequences... if you know what I mean :/

4. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, no, I do the same thing. I tell myself it's bad to want to be girly or to want to kiss a boy or to wear a dress and all that but those are my natural wants and tendencies. Even after I have done all those things I still have just as much desire to do them again so I can't chalk it up to "curiosity." I say try something. See how you feel. Try painting your toenails. I have. It makes me feel more beautiful. I also got up the bravery to shave the hick black hair off my arms. I've never felt happier with my arms. And I take time to mentally imagine how girls must feel in the presence of other girls or around boys who don't just think of them as "another dude." And I have found out that my own thoughts must reflect a woman's by doing these things. I like myself more. So. *shrug* maybe you can try something less socially-involved? Like wearing a different set of undies ( physically it's not comfy for me haha) or perhaps something you've always wanted to do. Think baby steps! Does that help?

---------- Post added 29th Jul 2015 at 01:50 PM ----------

And yes. I completely know what you mean. I work in the navy. It's not as gay-friendly as people assume. And certainly even less trans-friendly.

5. Asdf333

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mew... I absolutely see what you mean... I think... I might try doing such baby-steps... I mean... who's there to judge me except for myself? I will take it very slowly though, as I'm still very unsure about all of that, but aye, your advices helped me out quite a bit.

Arigato for your help... I really appreciate it a lot ^^ *hugs*

6. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know exactly how you feel. Except, mine has to deal with being a guy. My brain is naturally like a guy, I have the dirty humor, the no make-up policy, and just plain boy. I'm not sure if I'm comfy with guy pronouns, but I've thought of myself as Bigender, Genderfluid, Transgender, Crossdresser, etc. I'm trying this thing where I wear guy clothes and I feel absolutely awesome in them. I feel amazing, but I'm still uncomfortable with people telling me I look handsome. In guy clothes, I feel like a guy and it feels amazing to me. So, I just wanted to tell you that I feel the exact same and am still confused. Just know that you're not alone, and that being a kawaii anime/japanese girl is totally rad. Sayounara!

7. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *hugs* Lemme know what color you pick, haha! ;P
    I am happy to help. It's disorienting. Someone on here told me to "let the dust settle" and that helped me too. If you want to talk to anyone I'm here (quite often actually)!!

And ScaryClosets, I believe in you! I wish I had the courage to wear girl clothes out in public! *shudder, haha*

I think when we reach our point where there's no longer a need to be brave with what we're doing, but no desire to do more like the opposite sex then we've made it a VERY long way.

8. Asdf333

Out Status:
    A few people
    You people are simply amazing! ~ I'd simply huggle you unconscious if I could x3

@ScaryClosets I absolutely agree with TobaccoFlower~ I sometimes am a bit jelly of girls, because they can basically wear anything without being hated on too much. A girl wearing dudes-clothes is considered cool and hip. A guy wearing girl's clothes is considered weird on the other hand :/

@TobaccoFlower Aye, especially since you yourself can't know for sure if it's a phase, a thing in your mind or a real thing. But the person who's said that sure is right it seems... You can't know everything immediately... We all hold books to ourselves in our hands... yet only if we read it... and especially read inbetween the lines we can really tell who we are... and that sure takes some time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, I get what you guys mean. But even I'm scared to wear guy clothes out in public, especially since I get weird looks already for looking in the guy section. I wish that society didn't put us in a box, and tell us who to be. It would be much easier if society was okay with people wearing the opposite sex's clothes. Sometimes I try not to think what people will think, because it's just easier. Baby-steps are definitely a thing to try. I really hate when people think that girls can do it because we're female and stuff. It's still hard for us, because we are expected to wear make-up and wear nail polish(Things I really hate). A woman offered me some nail polish like a week ago, and I told her that I didn't wear nail polish. She looked really confused, because she expected girls to be absolutely girly and like that kind of stuff. Expectations suck man, they really do. That's why I'm going to go shopping for guy clothes and make a statement. I understand your pain, I really really do. I think you guys should wear girl clothes, because it's what you like and what you want. People shouldn't destroy your happiness, because they don't like it or something. Do what you want and what you feel. I feel like a guy and want to be a guy, I'm going to be a guy. That's that, no questions asked. Don't worry what people think, they're not worth it at all. (*hug*)​

10. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two-spirit. Haha that's what I think of when I imagine a world where we could wear what we wanted. The wiki explanation of social status of two-spirits in native culture is what I sometimes think I'd like to do. And it wouldn't be weird but somewhat celebrated.

Dude, I do not know where you find the courage but I will try, personally