1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Kind Of Dumb...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SirensCallingMe, Jul 29, 2015.

1. SirensCallingMe

So, for a long time, I've been okay with my gender, but every once and a while I wish I wasn't a girl, not because of periods or anything (although I do really hate them) but I'd feel a lot more comfortable as a boy. These feelings have persisted for a while, and I don't know if I'm genderfluid or what? I mean, I feel I fit the general description, but I talked to a friend about it and they told me I probably wasn't, just that I wanted to be genderfluid. I don't want to believe them, but I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I'd appreciate some help.

-Siren

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi. (*hug*)

First, what matters is one thing only - your feelings. If you don't feel comfortable as female it's good for your own happiness to explore other things.
    Don't let what people say get you down. (*hug*)

Could you give us some more information about how you feel? You say you think you'd be more comfortable as a boy? What else do you feel about your gender?

3. Matz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My first guess would be to look into whether this is about personality traits (and what women are or aren't expected to have where you live) or something deeper.

4. SirensCallingMe

Hi :slight_smile: Thank you. Often times because I'm DFAB and use female pronouns I feel insignificant to my family. I've tried kind of a home-made binding (basically just a really tight sports bra and a tight shirt) and dressing in baggier clothes to hide my breasts when I go out on errands sometimes and I feel a lot more confident with myself. I've even made a separate Instagram account than my old one and I introduce myself with a unisex name instead of my birth one, which is blatantly female, and it feels more comfortable.