1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did *you* get a binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just wondering, for those out there who have binders...

How did you get it? What service, brand, or charity did you get it from? How much did it cost? How long did it take to get to you?

I'm looking into getting one and am trying to figure out the best way how. Preferably one that doesn't involve being on a 6 month waiting list.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I got one from gc2b. It was about $30. It didn't take long to arrive, maybe about a week?

3. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've gotten Underworks. Never buying from them again. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people are really happy with it. But not me. Partly because they seem to hate their international customers and partly because I end up modifying the crap out of them to get them to work for me. I'd get gc2b. However, it's a little pricey, being in Canada, it ends up costing me $55 for one =/ And I want a full-length with only chest binding if that makes sense. So I'm trying out the GC2 brand that's on Amazon. It ends up being $20 cheaper for me at $35 CAD, is full length with chest only binding. I'm including shipping on both. I just ordered one. Maybe I'll post a review when I get it.

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The first one I got (half-length), I got on eBay from Underworks for about $15, (it took about a month to arrive), then I got a full length one from Underworks from their official site, took 3 days to arrive, for $30, I don't like that one since when I wear it, it goes too far down, or rides up.

Then I bought another one from a shop in China for $10, it's just a regular muscle shirt/tank with a half-length binder underneath with adjustable clips on the side. It took about 2/2.5 weeks to arrive.

I currently ordered another one from gc2b (a half-length one, $55 with shipping) so we'll see how I like that.

5. iiimee

My mom just ordered mine! ^_^

6. FreeButterfly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've gotten 3 official binders total. Before I bought a binder I was using a couple sports bras. But originally my binder was for cosplay, so my mom bought it for me since it was 'just for costume'. Now I obviously use them for other reasons, but anyway....

I got my first one from Underworks-- the TriTop. I loved it at first. Hate it now. Hard to get on, hard to get off, doesn't bind well, have to adjust too much, gives me uniboob.
    Second one I used for a couple years was a 12 dollar one off ebay. Bound as well as underworks if not better, minimal adjustment needed, could actually breathe. But it's cheap materials and I felt unwell after wearing it for long amounts of time.

My newest one I just got this month was my GC2B binder and it's BY FAR my favourite! It's comfortable, soft, and even though it's too big for me(I got a medium, should have gotten a small) and I have to adjust frequently and have safety pinned the side to fit me better, it binds the best of all my binders and I have to force myself to take it off after 8 hours or else I'll never take it off. (speaking of which... time to take it off now =C ))

All of them my mom ordered for me since I didn't have a debit card

Also my GC2B binder took a week to process the order and a few days to get to my house once they shipped it

7. oncetherewasa

I ordered the TriTop from Underworks. It was $36.74 with shipping and took just under a week to get to me. Not the most comfy but it (sort of) does the job. I'll be trying gc2b pretty soon.

8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So would you guys say that the gc2b tank binder or the Underworks ultimate chest binder is better?

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went with Loveboat, and I still love it after almost three years.

I got the Air Max model, which is fantastic because the back is a mesh material so it's pretty breathable and I don't sweat as much. It cost me $83.60 (which was the binder and shipping fee), and since it was coming over from Taiwan and I'm a bigger guy according to their standards, that's why it was so heavy on my wallet. I was thinking it would take forever to get to me, but it was only eight or so days.

I've heard nothing but good things about GC2b and Underworks is also fantastic (I have a swim binder from them), but I swear by Loveboat. If you have money to throw around, consider checking them out.

10. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got mine from underworks. Can't remember the price. Didn't take too long to come.

11. Cynders

I just placed an order on my second one, which I was able to get with my parent's account because they are now supportive of me.

But my first one, when they didn't support me, was an ebay 5$ 'lesbian' binder. I had it sent to my friend's house, and when I went over they gave it to me. I've had it for many many months now and it's stretched out tons and has ripped near the weird clasp things.