1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I really TG but society has scared me out of it???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by HardToSay, Aug 2, 2015.

1. HardToSay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have posted this in the Orientation area but I did not get anybody to post similar eperiences, so I am reposting here, and maybe someone will share similarities...
    Hi,

I have been really struggling for years, now, and I am very confused. I wonder if there are others in my situation.

My problem is that I feel comfortable with girls, I feel safe with girls, dating a girl has always felt normal and right, but the bedroom part has always been problematic...

When I was a pre-teen, and teenager, I got exposed to smut magazines and I did not understand them... I found some of the girls in the pictures good looking but I could not get myself to want to pleasure myself like the other boys who gave me the magazines did. I did not feel like "doing" those girls and, more importantly, I did not have that specific "physical reaction" that leads to sex or masturbation, no arousal whatsoever, in other words.

I had been cross-dressing for fun since early childhood secretly because my mom was very disparaging towards my choosing playmates who were girls or engaging in what society usually defines as girl activities, like playing dress up, sing, paint nails, etc.

As I became a teen ager, and I noticed I was not aroused by naked women I became scared to death of being gay. Gay people were ridiculed by my parents, my older brother often told me I was gay while pointing out my lack of courage or non standard behavior, etc. and that would hurt my feelings. He would also make fun of my small genitals.

My peers would make fun of gay people, threaten them and beat them up, gay people in their eyes were just like women: "objects" to "bang", use and despise, consider inferior, in fact gays were much lower on the totem pole than girls. I liked girls, though and as I pre-teen I was a bit intimidated by boys, especially older boys and would love hanging around with girls.

There were boys I kind of liked being in the company of, though, they were usually strong and/or older and I would feel kind of protected in their company. Of course they would all seem to get girlfriends and they would prefer spending time with them, especially if sex was involved, which would hurt my feelings.

Then one day I was exposed to smut magazines where there were not only naked women but both men and women, and also men and men, or men and trans-women, plus there were erotic stories narrated by women who would enjoy sex with men: well I still remember the picture of this feminine looking guy, wearing a women's top in the act of giving oral sex to this other guy... I felt something moving inside me, like definite arousal and shame, but mostly identification with the feminine guy pleasuring the other guy... Then I noticed I really enjoyed the erotic stories narrated by women who enjoyed sex with men. A lot. I would really get aroused, I identified with the woman, but I thought it was normal.

All the times I chanced upon a smut magazine which was not often, I would get to be awed by how beautiful certain women and their hair, makeup and styles were, but I could not find their genitals attractive, no matter how much I tried. Somehow I would always seek out the guys or the gay scenes or the trans scenes... I was so scared of being gay, I was mortified. I would seek out gay scenes with guys I found really ugly in order to prove to myself I was not gay.

Then one day when I was 15, I discovered sexual pleasure: while dressed like a girl, I thought about the women in the magazines being penetrated by men and I somehow inserted a cucumber in a certain spot. I felt like I was in Heaven. I really imagined a man doing that and I felt wonderful, the sexual excitement and pleasure was incredible. Afterwards I felt horrible and I was afraid of being gay. I tried again to imagine ugly guys I knew rape me in order to feel repulsion and prove to myself I was not gay.

Well, in the years to follow pleasuring myself anally whether or not while cross dressing, became my number one source of sexual pleasure, but I was still horrified at the idea of being gay. Plus I would have orgasmic dreams where I was with a guy, sometimes I was a guy in my dreams and sometimes I was a woman, but I was always passive. Sometimes I was with a woman in my dreams but after a while she would have a penis a penetrate me.

Then I discovered the term autogynephillia, i.e. straight guys who enjoy seeing themselves as women... I thought I was it: "I liked fantasizing about men and penetrate myself because I wanted to imagine I was a woman", and, according to literature, I was neither transsexual nor gay. I felt very relieved. I never thought about being gay or transsexual for a long time and thought I was a normal hetero guy with a fetish, so to speak.

I started dating a girl who fell greatly in love with me, she would tell me she found the perfect guy in me, so attentive, so nice, so sensitive, who would buy her plush animals, love go shopping with her and stuff. We were in love and we were going steady. It felt great to have a steady girlfriend, go out with other couples, etc. The bedroom was OK I would love to pleasure her orally, most of the time thinking she was a guy.

Then I slowly got her to pleasure me with a toy, and that was pretty much the only way we would have sex ever after... I was very private about it because I was afraid of being gay. Then I told her I was a cross dresser and enjoyed fantasizing being the woman with a man in the bedroom. She "worked" with me for some time but eventually wanted to leave because she said she needed a man... She was struggling with her feelings and felt guilty so I made it easy for her and broke it up first.

Years went by and things stayed the same: felt comfortable with women and wanted to date women, which I found beautiful but it was hard in the bedroom because I never stopped liking being passive and never got to learn how to enjoy to use my penis to pleasure women. I knew what to do to pleasure women and reportedly did a very good job at it but I never enjoyed it.

Then I thought maybe I was a transsexual who was a lesbian, and so I would have fantasies where I was a woman with a woman and also a man: I would really enjoy the man in the relationship, but I felt very good and safe about having the woman there. Then again I remembered autogynephillia and how autogynephilacs are not really transgender, so I would let it be

I flirted with men, got courted by men, got very close to starting sex with men but I always pulled out at the very last minute. Then I would regret not gong for it and I would fantasize about it. I would have online relationship with men and I would greatly enjoy having cybersex with them. I loved being their "girlfriend"...

My problem, to get to the point, is that in real life I have never really met a guy I have so most definitely fallen for, in a way that I could get over all my problems and preconceptions. I have met a couple of guys I found attractive, but most guys leave me cold and some repulse me. Only this one time I had met online this gay guy who was a couple of years older than me. He was not ugly, kind of cute, and I connected well. Alas, I called off our first real life get together at the very last minute.

Of course I have also never met a girl who made me totally lose it. To top it off, sexually, I want to be passive with a man. I want to be his girlfriend. I like male genitals a lot and I like strong shoulders and arms, I love a guy who is taller than me. Yet, I don't like very hairy men or men who are not clean and well taken care of, which leads me to believe I may not really like guys that much.

So, is there anybody else who feels this way? Could I be TG but listened to society that told me that I am just gay?

2. HunterInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is clearly a delicate subject for you, but it seems like you are gay and transgender to some extent (as in bi/pan/maybe asexual to women? and in terms of gender identity that is really something you need to research to find what truly fits you) and everything that has made you think you are not really gay has a direct connection with society scaring you out of it. Everyone has a type, so not liking hairy men etc. doesn't mean you're attraction to males is any less real, even if you would like it to be. Unfortunately only you can know yourself and I'm not going to tell you that it won't be hard for all of society to accept you, or that it won't take a long time to get to a better place. But truly in the long run you don't have to be afraid, there are so many people who will accept you for who you are and even if the people you care about now can't see that, then you'll reach a point where that wont matter so much. The fear of being gay really does seem to come from society to me from what you wrote, but you need to take a step back from that and be truly honest with yourself, try to understand yourself without the fear of what you might find holding you back. (Easier said than done, I know) and know that even if being gay and TG means it does get bad for a while (not even certain) eventually everything will be okay.

3. HardToSay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I must tell you that I feel very comfortable as a woman, I just feel female inside. it is hard or m to shed light on it, it is just the way I feel. Being a man is weird, totally weird. I just don"t want to be some woman's husband, I want to be some man's wife. Does it make it sense?

4. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hardtosay, in all honesty your experience of being trans didn't really resonate with me. It's hard to explain... it has to do with how strongly sexuality connects with your gender in your posts and the fact that you didn't once mention gender dysphoria. You believed that you were trans at a very young age, yet somehow lasted until the age of 40 before transitioning, during that time you had two children and got married. How is that even possible? How could you avoid being tormented by the thought until you broke. There is also a surprisingly large amount of uncertainty for someone who is 40, has gone fairly deep into the process of transitioning and has believed they are trans since they were young.

Taking all this into account I would say that you are fairly clearly non binary/genderfluid probably 70/30 dominated by your female side. Which would explain how you survived for so long without transitioning and why you were able to detransition without feeling as if you want to kill yourself. From what I read, it's also common for people who are genderfluid to continue questioning their gender for a very long time. People who are genderfluid feel a large amount of contentment when they start transitioning but it is never a life and death feeling for them. There is also no sense of euphoria in relation to transitioning just happiness and a feeling that they are doing something that is right for them, being able to express a different side of themselves.

You definitely seem to be attracted to men and have repressed that side of you. Your posts just put such a huge amount of emphasis on your attraction to men and how homophobic your family was. You seem to know that you are gay but somehow struggle to accept it despite everything pointing in that direction. You also seem to enjoy the idea of gay sex as in you found immense pleasure in stimulating your... and you identified with the feminine guy in the magazine...

I don't see why you would feel that society has made you scared of identifying as Trans, you came out to your wife and have been for most of your life fairly open with regards to being female according to what you wrote. In fact, you seem much more uncomfortable about being gay than about being trans which shows a distinct absence of being scared about being perceived as trans. Your wife also seemed to be fairly accepting of your gender identity considering how long she stayed with you after you started taking hormones. The problem was that you are attracted to men not women and she saw that very clearly and obviously felt uncomfortable with staying with you as a result.

I also noticed in this paragraph: "I flirted with men, got courted by men, got very close to starting sex with men but I always pulled out at the very last minute. Then I would regret not gong for it and I would fantasize about it. I would have online relationship with men and I would greatly enjoy having cybersex with them. I loved being their "girlfriend"..."

You put "girlfriend" in brackets... why? I believe that you find it easier to cope with having a relationship with men if you take on the image of a woman because of how strongly your aversion is of gay relationships. However, you might be seeing yourself as a man dressed up as a woman to protect yourself from the repressed and painful connotations. As the brackets indicate that being a woman is simply a disguise for you.

Anyway, I might not know the whole story, your life might have been completely hellish with trying to cope with the discomfort caused by your gender dysphoria but you never saw the reason to point it out in any of your posts. Detransitioning might have also been hellish...

I'm sorry if I was a bit direct about everything, I thought you might like to hear this as you seem to be unable to come to terms with your sexuality and gender identity. In my eyes it seems to be fairly simple and clear. You are genderfluid and attracted to men... whether or not you want to be seen as a man or woman or simply present as androgynous it's really up to you and nothing stops you from transitioning again. It might even be advisable considering how strong your feminine side is.

I hope you do find the answers to your questions, this is just my opinion based on everything I learned about being trans and genderfluid over the months here. I hope you find it helpful and it gives you some peace of mind. If you offense in anything that I said, I sincerely apologize and take back whatever statement left you hurt. I spent quite a long time researching your situation and thinking about it because I wanted to help you.

Much hugs,

(*hug*)

Yael

5. kanchana

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Just reading your over your original post, it could have been me who posted that exactly.

Being curious of the forum which I read now and again, I just had to post I am the same as you but with less options now a days.

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2015 at 01:12 PM ----------

Yaeli, its hard, from the age of 3/4 I crossed dressed and carried this on till 25, I even trien piercing my own belly button which eneded with a trip to the docotors.

Now a days sexuality like gay/bi/tg etc is not an issue as when I was growing up, then it was hate from everyone and us younger generation was encouraged to take part in it so you would never come out to family or friends, especially in small villages where I am.

I'm now 40, I have not actually dressed for a long time, but I do window dress everyday and I do not look at and fancy girls who look amazing but wish I looked as good in those clothes, i also take note at nails and make combinations.

I have always had a attraction to men, but i have never acted on it and I have even been able to supress it, I am married now with a young child but for some reason all these feeling's that only surfaced with strengh after too much drink or other stuff have now started to come on strong without any help.