1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making it more 'normal' for me...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Abdadhie, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Abdadhie

At the moment I'm in a situation where I can't come out as trans. It is because of a lot of reasons but mostly just because I'm just not ready. Because I can't be out yet it means that I can't "express" myself how I want to (In that I can't dress as a female in public yet) so i was wondering, what are some things that I could do to make myself feel more physically female. I was thinking about doing things like wearing "girly" clothing underneath my normal clothing but that would be hard to conceal and my parents would find out when I washed them. Any suggestions? I hope this post made sense (I haven't slept for 30 hours or something)!!

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -Painting your toes
    -Using girl soap
    -Tucking
    -Shaving
    -Bangs
    are all I can think of

3. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everything baconpox said is good but I'm a bit wordy and so I feel obligated to go deeper into some of them.
    -Painting you toes is great 'cause it is real easy to hide under socks and I don't know about everyone else but I have a lot of fun with nail art.
    -Girly soaps you can just say that you find they work better, and 'generally you'd be right.
    -Tucking is interesting 'cause if you wear women's underwear (I usually need two pairs to hold everything in place) and tuck for large amounts of time it will reduce testosterone a bit. Also, your underwear is generally pretty hidden.
    -Shaving is a bit harder to keep secret but if you use an electric razor with different thicknesses and gradually reduce it you might get away with it. Also, shaving your hands (and fingers) does a lot, while being quite subtle.

Now to add a few of my own
    -in addition to painting your nails, just keeping both the toes and fingers well trimmed and filed (maybe even use some cuticle oils or just a clear top coat on your fingers) can make you feel much better about your hands.
    -rather than jumping to women's clothes try some more androgynous stuff, tighter shirts and pants, some necklaces are gender neutral. It also helps if you ease your way into it. the slower you change your wardrobe the more subtle it is.
    -Get a "purse." A gender neutral over the shoulder satchel type bag claiming "its more comfortable than a backpack or overstuffed pockets."
    -Personal Hygiene. get better at it. It makes you feel wonderful.
    -try adding some girly words to your daily vocabulary, such as "adorable" and "so sweet."
    -I don't know if you are really into conventions and anime and such but crossplay could be fun.
    - Go to a concert and let yourself dance naturally. For me that doesn't necessarily feel feminine but it does make me feel like me, rather than someone i'm pretending to be.

Thats what I've got for now. I hope some of it will help, even if just a little. And if you've got anymore questions let me know. :slight_smile: good luck