1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this ok?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dreamdarby, Aug 3, 2015.

1. dreamdarby

Ok I am a genderfluid "girl" but I feel like a boy most of the time if I was a boy I would be fine... but I like feminine thing sometimes I want to identify as male use the name cade instead of cait and just be male.. inside my brain I feel male and want to be male but I like girl things to like dresses and loopholes and nailpolish and flower crowns (before anyone gets kinda mad yes I know guys can like these things too) but I feel like since I was born a girl even though guys can like nailpolish and wear a dress if they wanna I feel that since that's what I was born as that if I identify as a male genderfluid (Idk if that's a thing because of what genderfluid means) that liking dresses and all that other stuff means I'm not male... I'm sorry if this was confusing or in the wrong place but could someone help me:icon_sad::icon_sad::help::help:

2. Posthuman666

Gender identity and gender expression are two separate things. You can be male and dress completely feminine if you want, or vice versa. There are trans girls who dress completely masculine, beard and all, and trans guys who wear dresses all the time. It doesn't change their gender identity.

Liking dresses, nailpolish, flower crowns, and other traditionally "feminine" things, does not change the fact that you can identify as a genderfluid male, or just male.

It is totally "ok" for you to be yourself. Do and be whoever you want. (*hug*)

3. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With that being said I do think that there is some validity to accepting that the rest of the world might be confused by all that. And while people don't usually fit a binary system, it's generally accepted that boys and girls are different things (not sure why). That being said being a tomboy or even an androgynous ftm who indulges in girly things is usually a little less concerning for the general populous (in my area) than a man (trans or otherwise)who indulges in that side of their personality. I have been taught that aren't allowed to be pretty. Cute is about as close as we get. Whereas a handsome woman is still a compliment And still attractive. It's not as if I'm saying not to be yourself, I am just playing devils advocate to say hey maybe you're just non binary? You can be or like whatever you want. You already know tour likes. Why do they need a name? Be yourself and fit in where you fit in. Who needs labels?