1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female to Male

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KeithWulf, Aug 3, 2015.

1. KeithWulf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys! I'm new here ^^
    Soo I'm 21 and REALLY want to start the transition from female to male. I've felt more like a boy for years, even since I was little. Was wondering if you guys had any advice for me n stuff ^^

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Keith, welcome to the forums!

Is there anything specific you're looking for in particular?

The first thing I recommend is that you look for a gender therapist in your area to get you started. They can help you manage any other underlying issues you're dealing with, set up goals in your transition, and provide resources and tools to get your process started. If you aren't familiar with your area, websites like PsychologyToday have up-to-date information on therapists everywhere. You can make your searches super specific and narrow them down to gender therapists that are in your general area. You can also get advice from any PFLAG or LGBTQ group nearby as well.

3. KeithWulf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you much for your information hun.
    I have no idea what I'm looking for right now. It'd be nice to get my family off my back about this xD
    I just want someone like me to talk to. Whenever I freakin look something up it's mtf.
    I have a neurology and therapy apt next week so I'll talk to them about it as well

4. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's really good you have therapy going already. It's so important to have support IRL. Online is awesome but nothing beats having the interaction with someone face to face.

Check out Hudson's FtM resources. Hudson's FTM Resource Guide
    i haven't gone there lately, but if memory serves me right it's pretty good.
    I hear you about just wanting someone to talk with. This is a good place. There's a lot of places, actually. Not all of them are good, though. Keep in mind that just because a site or group is FtM or transgender, doesn't mean they are open-minded or mature lol.

Also, if you haven't already, check out FTMTranstastic on Youtube. They the bomb diggity.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For Youtube, also see the videos by the user uppercaseCHASE1. He does a lot of informative videos on different subject matters with the transition process.

If there's anything else you want advice on, let us know. We're more than happy to help!

6. KeithWulf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you both ^^ I'll be sure to do more research and check out those channels ^^