1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safety of binding without a binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Aug 4, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I'm feeling it's a they day, and I decided I'd try to "bind" for the first time and see how it feels. I doubled up two sports bras to do it. I would like to know if this is safe-it feels tight, but I'm pretty sure that's the idea and I'll get used at it.
    Is doubling or even tripling bras safe for your health? Thank you!

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I've never had any problems with double sports bras. As long as it doesn't start to hurt, or you have problems breathing, it should be fine.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I probably wouldn't triple sports bras but doubling them is a very common binding method for people who don't have binders. The thing to know when binding with sports bras is that it's still binding and you should still follow the safety rules that you would follow when wearing a real binder (no more than 8 hours, not while exercising (obviously you can wear one sports bra, but I wouldn't recommend two), don't sleep in it). But from everything I've heard, it's a perfectly safe binding method.

4. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have tiny breasts, so I'm probably not the best to give this advice, but I do a lot of plays. Well, one of my friends (40 D ish) usually ends up playing a male character in shows because of her vocal range. So for a week and a half before opening night, she slowly adds more sports bras to get used to it. I don't think there's a health risk, but if it helps to build up to it, you could do that. Sorry I'm not a huge help. I hope this helps at least a little, good luck!

5. David21201

It all depends on your chest size and big or lose your bras are. If you do end up tripling like I have to, go into the bathroom where ever your at and take an occasional break from it. Never ever ever do sports with 3 bras... I learned the hard way >.<

6. Kianlee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well it could be just me but I can't use double sports bras if I do I have an even harder time breathing then normal so yeah... any ideas of what I can do.