1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding methods???

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by YinYang, Aug 4, 2015.

1. YinYang

I'm not trans or anything like that, but I like to bind. My mom recently bought me a sports bra to wear and, while I like it, it seems like it's not enough. I have pretty small breasts (A cup), but I feel like the sports bra isn't doing much to hide my breasts. Does anyone know what methods the are for binding besides an actual binder? My mom is hesitant to buy me one because she read online that they seem to do permanent damage to a person's chest area (crushing the bones, misshaping the breasts, etc. Is there anything else I can use?

2. mothzi

If you use binders safely, they shouldn't crush your bones or do anything like that. Maybe you could look up some articles to show her. If you don't want to do that, then I suggest just wearing multiple sports bras or a tank top over one and a baggy shirt. Before I got my binder and when I can't wear a binder now (going to the gym, etc.) then I wear two sports bras, one folded in half so it presses down in the middle and flattens things out, and then another over it. Hope this helps!

3. YinYang

I can't do a tank top and a baggy shirt, it's way too uncomfortable for me, but the double sports bra method sounds cool. I'll look up some articles to show my mom, as well. Thank you!

4. mothzi

No problem :slight_smile: