1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister thinks it's all in my head

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by queermeerkat, Aug 5, 2015.

1. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My sister asked me what's been bothering me so much lately and being tired of constantly finding a way around it I told her I think I might be trans. Which was a crappy way to put it bc after all the introspection and research I've done there's v little "think" and "might". But she kept saying through the convo that it's just a thing that happened bc of my depression, ptsd and ocd, and to be fair, there is that possibility...

Which brings me back here...

Now it seems very very unlikely to me, my best friend and the actual research I've done that I'm cis (as opposed to my sister's firm predisposition that I'm not trans after hearing almost nothing of what I've been experiencing or my findings through talking to the trans community)...
    But what if she's right?

2. Lazuri

Doubt is par for the course when you're trans I'm afraid. The only thing I can tell you is that you should make damn sure to take your time and make sure you figure out who you are and what you want.

3. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that growing up with you might have skewed her opinion, but maybe she's right. she knows you better than a lot of people. Better than I know you. However, you seem to have answered your own question. There isn't much "might" or "think" and you're pretty confident in your own thoughts and personality as a person.
    It sounds like she is just a little nervous about losing a brother and gaining a sister perhaps?