1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

umm... gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ghosts, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Ghosts

So I know gender is a very confusing thing. Anyway I'm testing different things because I have identified with agender for a while but I don't feel agender all the time. So because of that I'm trying bigender with the two genders being agender and demiboy more focused on the Demiboy. I have decided to use the term bigender rather than genderfluid for the fact that most people see genderfluid with fluiding between boy and girl and I don't want to be associated with girl. I'm just seeing if anyone might have an easier way to explain this than me. I dont know. Even if you dont have help and just experiences like it that's fine too.

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I'd be happy if we could do away with labels alltogether as they tend to be to simplistic and static.
    You don't need to label yourself, if people really want to know about your gender identity, they'd be willing to listen to an actual explanation, rather than just a a two word definition.

3. mothzi

I went in-between agender, male, even genderfluid for a while and tried to find the best label to describe myself. My advice is to use the label that you want others to see you as, not the one that's the most accurate for you. In honest reality, I'm not sure I'm 100% male, and I don't know if I'll never really "know" or if that's even possible. But I do know that I'm comfortable with he/him pronouns and being called and seen as a boy. The rest doesn't really matter, that's all personal and none of anyone's business. :slight_smile:

(Also: it's totally fine to change how you identify, it's a process.)

#3 mothzi, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015