1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding- Gender-*Ahem* Genitals?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by squidly626, Aug 6, 2015.

1. squidly626

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone. I have a few different questions I'm hoping you can help me with. I identify as FtM Trans, but I may be questioning.

Before I start, I want to say that my family is actually rather open, except for my dad. But I'm not allowed to bind, even though it would make me feel a lot better. I don't know how to explain that to my mother. Any ideas about how I can bring it up? It's something really important to me.

I started to really question my gender when I was around the age of 10. It took me a while to come to the word "Transgender" and it was hard for me to come to the fact I really was transgender. I came out to my mother when I was 15, and have been getting the "You're too young to know what you want". It was two years after that I found this site. But I'm having a small problem. This leads into the next part....

This morning I realized I wanted to transition, at least on the top. But I don't know about the bottom. I've done a lot of thinking about it too. I don't like the parts I have now, but I don't know if I truly want a... banana, as my girlfriend refers to it as. Does this make me any less of a trans*man, or does it mean I'm not transgender?

Help, please?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Lots of trans people don't want bottom surgery for various reasons, it doesn't make you less trans.

Did they give you a reason why you aren't allowed to bind?

3. randomconnorcon

No, not wanting bottom surgery doesn't make you any less trans. I don't want it either, at least not now. Probably never will, though I'm also hoping T will give me something.

Everyone is different.

4. RainDreamer

Being transgender does not mean you have to pursue body affirmation surgery, because it is not about the body, but who you are inside.

However, other trans people pursue that because it is better for their mental well being. Usually it is a literal life-or-death decision for them. It helps them be more comfortable with their life instead of making everyday a living hell. But without it, they are still transgender people. Miserable ones, but still, they are who they are and not defined by what they do, or did not do, to their body.

5. MichaelJTritter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are fine with what they have, others are not, all depends on the person.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You aren't "less trans" if you aren't sure or interested in bottom surgery. There are a lot of people who don't go that route, and that's totally fine. It's all about how you feel and what you'd like.