1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender - but liking masculine associations?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by HunterInPlaid, Aug 6, 2015.

1. HunterInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In primary school I felt a lot more pressured to align with gender expectations but once I got to high school I was just me, and since then people have made loads of references to me "practically being a dude".Like, I'm repeatedly called "a guy with tits" (the guy I was crushing on at the time said this twice, it was before I realised my gender and I thought I should find it uncomfortable and worrying but I didn't), my tutor was talking about how boys and girls study differently and I was looking awkward so he said "you're a boy aren't you?", I have hairy arms and (until someone commented on them) I thought I had masculine hands and I kind of find them reassuring. There are more, but these things all make me feel a little relieved. I think I just like the fact that because everyone assumes I'm a girl that when they mention or I see boyish things in me, I'm like; yeah, that's right you question that. Later (after they've happened) I do find these things uncomfortable.

I know there can be a lot of doubt with being trans and what I like most about this stuff is that it means people aren't seeing me as female, not that I'm being seen as male. But I just wanted other opinions, does this sound like I might not be agender to you? I'm particularly worried about this before I come out.

2. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

The thing with gender is that things can overlap and it's not always straightforward which is perfectly okay. From reading your post, you could identify as both agender and transmasculine.

3. levi2000

Sounds like you might be libramasculine!

This means that you are agender, but feel a connection to masculinity.

Hope I helped! Feel free to message me with any questions, or if you just want to talk.

Good luck in identifying yourself!