1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got called a little girl n now just feeling really down.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Butterfly16, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

Im genderfluid and right now im male.

I asked for something at a store n the person asked another worker to "please get the little girl that item"

Im 17 will be 18 in 3 months but so many ppl say I look 14

I just wanted to cry after that n im still feeling down:dry::tears::confused::bang:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of the issues that I know that I had before I started medically transitioning was that I looked way younger than my actual age. I was 20, and some people thought that I was a 12 year old girl. It really does get you down, but there is really not much that you can do about it. You could experiment with different ways of dressing. I never had much luck with that, but it may work for you. Different things work for different people :slight_smile:

3. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry that happened to you. I hate when that happens x.x Usually I feel more male this week so being called her/she/little girl, (Yup, I've been called that..and have been mistaken as 10 years old too.) made me feel annoyed and sad.

I do hope you're feeling better now though.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    They judge you by your looks, that doesn't mean they are defining you, unless you let them.

Do some changes in style and the way you carry yourself. And if this doesn't work, think about transitioning, 'cause the discomfort only gets worse through the years.