1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest Binders

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ApexxShadow, Aug 6, 2015.

1. ApexxShadow

My chest binders finally arrived today. I was wondering, are you supposed to get used to breathing in it/does it get easier with time?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does it feel uncomfortable or too tight? If that's the case, you might have the wrong size. I know when I got my binder, it felt a bit snug, but it gets comfortable and easier once you break it in.

3. ApexxShadow

Yus it does. It's kinda hard to get into, but it fits. I had a little trouble breathing, then I got used to it. Is that normal at first?

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It can be a bit of a challenge to get a new binder on, but it gets easier once it's broken in. As long as it's not really tight and restricts your breathing, you should be fine. I say give it a few tries to see if it improves. If not, you probably got the wrong size.

5. ApexxShadow

Okay! Thank you so much.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ride things out for maybe a week and see how it goes. :slight_smile:

7. Romin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you can't take a full, deep breath comfortably, you probably have the wrong size. I'd say try it tentatively for a week. Some binders do stretch a bit over time. DO NOT BIND OVER 8 HOURS. In fact, if you are just beginning to bind, you may want to start off slow and bind only a few hours the first couple of days and increase from there. If you are having trouble breathing or begin having back or chest pains, TAKE IT OFF. You could do a lot of harm to yourself if you do have the wrong size and it's better to be safe than sorry. No amount of binding is worth a fractured rib or punctured lung.

Also, when you first put the binder on, wriggle around a bit just to open your lungs up a little. Stuff like putting your arms over your head, leaning back and taking a deep breath can help your body adjust to the binder more easily.

Good luck to you! Be safe and have a beautiful day!