1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What exactly is my identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WhoAm I, Aug 7, 2015.

1. WhoAm I

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or is dealing with it currently, but so far no one I've talked to knows what I am. I was born a female and have been emotionally and somewhat physically influenced by my brother; I act and try to dress more manly than womanly. I never wondered about it, for it's always seemed most natural to me. I have not yet been able to obtain many men's clothes as I have not talked to my parents about my questioning and don't know when I'll be able to.

I've been a tomboy for as long as I remember and have been questioning for many months if I'm more than just that. Basically I feel that I have the brain and emotions of a male and the body (and clothing) of a female, but I want more than anything to change my physical appearance. However, I would not go as far as completely becoming a male, as I feel I would be upset with being only one gender. I do wish my breasts were smaller or non-existent because I feel ugly and unnatural with them, but I do not wish to have male genitalia. I have considered binding but I'm really scared of the consequences. For now, I try to wear baggier clothing.

I would like very much to look more like a boy and dress in men's clothes, but also sometimes pursue my original gender and wear more feminine clothing. I wish I could just switch genders whenever I want to but hey, life just isn't that great. So, bottom line, does anyone know what gender identity I am, if there even is one out there that describes me?

2. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

Bigender. Both genders

3. WhoAm I

Thank you so much! I see now why no one I knew understood exactly my identity, as I actually hadn't heard of bigender before. I researched a little more and understand that is exactly what I am. Thanks again

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would do some exploring. There are a lot of identities that involve switching between genders. There are identities like genderfluid, bigender, and even pangender. So I would do some more research before you come to a final conclusion.

5. Butterfly16

Butterfly16 Guest

If you feel certain that its who you are then thats great :slight_smile: