1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stressing out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hawk, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really know how to start this, but where I work, we have to make sure the bathrooms are cleaned twice a day, and the morning is fine, but when we have to do the afternoon checks, I get extremely uncomfortable checking the women's side. And since I'm not out to the people I work with, they don't know how uncomfortable I get. Usually I like to wait until everyone's out before entering, but sometimes you just can't do it and still say on schedule due to how busy it can get.
    Everyone I work with all see me as female, which I don't expect them to see me differently as I'm not out to them, but everyone else sees me as male (who don't know me personally). I just get really uncomfortable and awkward when I have to enter when there's women in there. :tears:

Sorry, I just had to vent.

2. InLoveWithAGirl

Nah, you don't need to apologize. Go ahead and vent,

Are you gonna out to them soon? Or if you aren't maybe you could tell them you feel uncomfortable without explaining why? Or maybe put up a 'cleaning, no one enter' sign? Though I am not sure the sign would be very practical.

3. Hawk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't plan on coming out to them since I only have about a month or so left there, and I may never see them again anyways (well maybe my boss, since he's my neighbor).
    We do put a "closed for cleaning" up in the mornings since we do the full clean, but in the afternoon's it's usually just a quick check to make sure there's no plugs and what-not. Sometimes the women's side just gets so busy that you're waiting outside for a good 10-15 minutes before being able to enter. I just hope it starts slowing down soon, and people leave!!

4. InLoveWithAGirl

Wow yah that definitely sucks, but it's good that you won't have to be there for too much longer

5. Hawk

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I'm quite happy that it's not too much longer, though when I start applying for a new job I really need to tell my parents I want to start going by male pronouns and such, and get new employers to call me by male pronouns and my male name.

6. InLoveWithAGirl

Definitely, the more honest you are from the getgo the easier it will be for everything to be all set and be how it should be, instead of tons of confusian (how do you spell that????) Later. Definitely be careful though too at the same time.

---------- Post added 8th Aug 2015 at 05:23 PM ----------

*confusion (lol)