1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stealthily Feminine

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Posthuman666, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

Greetings friends! In two days I start school at a catholic high school. I am not really worried about the religious aspect. Im pagan, and the school is lax enough to allow non-catholics, and I don't have to do mass and whatnot. But, the school has a uniform and a sort of strict dress code. I already had to cut my hair, but its a pretty androgynous cut. Wearing the male uniform will be annoying enough. However, there are some loopholes I can see. There is no mention of nail polish in the dress code. There is no direct mention of makeup in the handbook either, but that is more noticeable and more crossing the line. Im still going to shave my face and legs and everything. I am working on my eyebrows at the moment.

But, the question I have for you beautiful people, is how do I present more feminine, without drawing too much attention? Stealth girly, if you will. Is there anything I can do that won't get my in trouble, but will at least make me feel a little better, a little more myself?

On a different note, not that I plan on doing this soon or even for years, what about coming out to friends? I only really know one person going to this school, so I will be mostly making new friends, which I am horrible at. Im sure there are some LGBT+ people going there, and I am making it my mission to befriend them.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, nail polish could work, I don't know your dress code, but maybe you could wear more feminine looking bracelets or necklaces? Or rings/earrings could work. As for coming out, I'd start with less homophobic friends and just take your time. There's no rush to come out. Good luck! :slight_smile:

3. FootballFan101

when your hair grows out a little bit don't cut it but get a short young girly hairstyle if your school allows that :icon_bigg

4. KayJay

Mannerisms are a great place to start!

They can police how you dress but not really how you carry yourself. Cross your legs while sitting and walking with your hips is any easy way to add some femininity. Nail polish may work, especially if they have no rules about it they don't really have any grounds to stop you from painting your nails.

As for coming out, it may be risky in a school like that. A lot of people will likely have been raised to believe their parents unfounded prejudices. Definitely do so with caution if you do want to come out to someone. Befriending other LGBT students is a great idea and it'll likely be safer to come out to them as they'll be extra understanding of your struggles.

5. Stacy in MA

Using things like women's deodorant, facial products (cleansers, moisturizers, etc.), and hair products helps me since I can not usually present as female. I also wear extremely subtle makeup nearly everyday. In the right shades, I can get away with eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, blush, tinted moisturizer, eyebrow pencil, and tinted lip balm. You can always practice and then ask someone you trust to really examine your face and let you know if you are being too obvious.

6. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wearing women's underwear could help. Also if you are wearing enough to cover the straps, you could wear a small pad-less bra. These helped me quite a bit though they could cause some issues if you have to change for something like P.E.

---edit---

I meant to but forgot to add, with the underwear , tucking can actualy alter your hormone levels a little bit which can help a lot as well.

#6 Elianora, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  7. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have been trying to present as more feminine for a wile now. I did my nails, shaved my entire body, stopped getting haircuts, shaved every day (face and neck), used light mascara, pink lip gloss, and moisturizers. I also wear womans jeans, with a tanktop under a tshirt. Panties are a mainstay for me, I haven't worn boxers for like 8 months. :slight_smile: I really need a few sports bras for when I'm in public.

8. Ineedmywaifu

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hehe, I've started to buy and wear Women's jeans in public and no one has outed me on it; just don't buy those badazzle/heart pockets. Also like others are suggesting, wearing stuff under, your panties, tank, a bra is possible but sometimes it tends to pop out, i assume your wearing a dress shirt white. So see if a opaque one/ white smooth bra helps. You can get away with makeup for touching up the face, i've tried a bit of mascara, nude lip. For jewelry, I would think that a necklace would give a girl charm to the attire. Bracelet is possible. they might have guidelines/rules on jewelry though like earrings. I think I just repeated what they said, I'm trying to keep my clothing androgynous so maybe some clothing might help.

---------- Post added 9th Aug 2015 at 09:36 PM ----------

O really? :O is it a mental placebo thing or do you need to be on the mones for it to affect, I got my eggs in the socket most to all the time now.

9. Karkat

Out Status:
    A few people
    also in terms of makeup, you can probably do some subtle countouring and lined brows on a daily basis to give your face a more feminine shape without making it super obvious you're wearing any.

10. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'v got a nice necklace that I wear, and I want to get my ears periced. I also want a few bracelets, and maybe a butterfly tatto.

11. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Testosterone is produced down there and tucking heats them up enough to reduce functionality. It's just a very very small change but every bit helps right.