1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents have finally come around

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kafei, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For a while my parents denied that I was transgender. The other day, my mom sat down with me and had a long talk about how she's come to terms with it and is now okay with me transitioning. It took such a long time for this day to come but I'm so glad that it's here. They haven't switched over to he/him pronouns or my new name yet, but I'm too happy with how far they've come to care.

I just wish they came around sooner so I wouldn't have to do this on my own. I'm leaving for college in a couple of weeks all the way on the other side of the state, so I have to find out my options for starting HRT there. My college is LGBT friendly, so I can get help from the LGBT center but it's still stressful to think about because I'm barely even an adult.

The only thing I have left to do is come out to my relatives, but I might end up putting that off until it's too difficult to hide oops.

2. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's best to come out when you feel comfortable. But don't deny yourself. They should know too. I'm sure your a great person, and your cousins will see that, even if your trans.:thumbsup:

3. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So glad to hear that your parents are going to be supportive of you.

4. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! :grin: Definitely suggest getting in touch with that lgbt center you were mentioning.. maybe try poking around the internet for places in your area as well. As Jeffreycominout said, you should come out to your relatives when you feel comfortable. Just remember that they're people as well and they would probably take it a little better if they knew sooner rather than later.

In any case, best of luck to you! (*hug*)

5. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's great!