1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for transgender people

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Aug 10, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm fluid but I actually started questioning something this happens to me sometimes.
    Would someone still be considered transgender if they wish to get rid of their breasts but not anything else? And if they don't want or even wish to have a penis because it's uncomfortable? Yet all together with everything they don't identifie with having a vagina but it's apart of them they don't like but don't dislike it exists and they don't care.
    Yea I'm confusing, um but I wanted to ask because I haven't gone fluid again for a long time I have been stuck agender and after a large dysphoria episode that lasted 6 hours I been calling myself a guy......I hate this....I just want to know if that's possible its something i'm looking at but i'm not saying it is or isn't me. Just like I wouldn't fully admit to fluid being who I am.

2. FootballFan101

Just because you dont want a penis dont mean you're not a guy

3. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of trans guys don't want to have a penis - if this is the case for you, you're not alone. You are transgender if you have a gender identity not matching your biological sex; the body parts you like/dislike in regards to yourself don't necessarily dictate your identity.

4. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am married. I'd love to be a full woman but I understand that keeping a penis might make both me and my wife a bit Happier in bed. Would you tell me that being a lesbian in EVERY other way, but having a penis would make me 100% a hetero guy?

Its arguably the same for someone who is a cis girl by birth who decides she wants a penis (heck maybe she's lesbian too and thinks sex with her partner would be more fun or fulfilling) because she doesn't like her vagina. What is she? I'd still treat her like a girl. Wouldn't you? I mean. What's the difference between me and her to you?
    It feels a little bit odd but
    What goes in your pants doesn't really affect who you are as a person. I guess being pan that's just my view as society as a whole but no matter what, who you are doesn't always match the what you are and if the disconnect is full or partial it's still a disconnect.

So I'd argue yes,

5. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people

Good point, I thought about something along this line to but I guess I wanted other opinions. :confused: I'm scared to say im anything at the moment because if I do it'll just flip again I know it will it's like I feel positive about my gender then I tell myself this and bam I'm in another zone. Even though my masculine side is stronger then anything else.

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2015 at 09:23 AM ----------

Well, I'm questioning myself I'm not looking for a argument.
    I mean it's silly to argue something that's just a question? but no I understand I think but my mind isn't fully grasping it all because I can't even understand me no matter how hard I try.

6. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I get it, sometimes I have dysphoria and want a vagina, but a lot of days I'm just indifferent like oh yeah that thing's there...okay then

7. MetalRice

It's fine, everyone feels different about their body and has different levels of dysphoria, it's normal. I personally want both breasts and a vagina; but what you feel is perfectly valid.

8. Kaya-Sente

This is exactly what the non binary spectrum is for! I hereby give you permission to identify as your own gender. It sounds like you may be genderqueer. We get to do all the fun things because it's part of our definition that we break the gender rules!!!

9. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hahaha, I didn't truly mean I was making an argument. I simply believe that one could come to that conclusion and that you're free to be whomever you wish :slight_smile:

10. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In this day and age men have vaginas and women have dicks.

11. Cedar

There's nothing wrong with that.

12. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Remember, physical body parts never define gendr indentity.

13. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, but we may not neccissarily call them that.