1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice to make your voice deeper

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hawk, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever I talk, it's a dead giveaway, and I'd just like some advice on how I could make my voice deeper.

Thanks,
    Jason

[​IMG]

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's four things I can recommend.

1) Check out the video "Boom Your Voice". It's an exercise that can help you speak in lower registers.

2) I forgot his name, but the short way to sum up his video is to try talking from your chest instead of your head. If you have a background in music or singing, this might be easier to pick up on. It can be tough, but practice makes perfect.

3) Sing along to what you're listening to, but aim for a lower register. If you need to, go with songs where the vocalist has a somewhat lower voice and try to sync up with them. Again, practice makes perfect--so take your time.

4) I'm pretty sure there are apps that can help with this type of thing, but I can't think of their names off the top of my head.

Just remember with all three of these to to them in intervals and take your time, because you don't want to go hard too quickly and damage your vocal cords.

3. MichaelJTritter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ran into a ton of issues with this, T didn't drop my voice at all.

1. I learned to talk using the back of my throat and concentrate on where my adams apple is.

2. Take a moment to gather yourself before speaking, imagine how you want to sound.

Thats what I learned from my vocal therapist.

4. AJ2014

What I try to do is think before I speak I try to male my voice lower also I've asked my friends that im out to tell me if my voice is getting high which I think helps a lot

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whatever you do, DON'T CROAK. I mean don't push it so low that you're only croaking. That will create 2 problems.

1. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY will hear you, unless you're like right up against their ear. It's the most annoying thing on the planet.

2. While it doesn't really damage your voice, you'll need to retrain it if croaking becomes a habit at all.

6. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can try talking soft and firm. If you control your voice, making it even and authoritative, it may sound a bit more masculine.

There's another trick, and you can decide if you want to do it or not, that goes like this. Girls supposedly tend to end their sentences on a high note, almost like a question. If you aim to end your sentences on a lower note (I mean voice pitch, not good/bad mood) it'll sound better. But beware that if you do this too much, or too exaggeratedly, it might sound mean.

There is also a neck-stretching exercise that temporarily drops your voice, and with continuous use drops it a little (permanently). Simply, hum at your absolute lowest possible register and slowly stretch your neck all the way back and then to its returning position (all the while humming). Do this a few times and you should notice an immediate difference.

7. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you do it and not feel like you sound like a girl faking a boy voice?
    Not trying to offend. Just when I try talking with a deeper voice it sounds forced and unnatural.

8. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do want to do it gradually, and I have been consciously trying not to go high, but to stay at my "just-got-up tired voice" which is a bit deeper and to talk more from my throat than my head.

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't try to fake it just... do your natural voice. Just put a twist on it.