1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wig question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by looking for me, Aug 12, 2015.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    for those here who use wigs, do you find it better to have whatever hair that remains on your head longer or shorter for wearing the wig? i am partly bald, i had a crew cut for years in the military and since i am no longer active i let my hair grow out, but the question is would i be better off getting close cut again or leaving it long for wearing a wig? and advantages/disadvantages of either?

thanks

2. kyoujin

I think you should grow your natural hair out. It's just nicer. Long hair looks great on men and women.

There are plenty of ladies who wear wigs for cosplay or theater, and they have long hair. So until grow your natural hair, you can still use a wig.

3. Stacy in MA

One disadvantage to having longer hair under the wig is that it can get pretty warm - especially in summer. Not to say that you should cut your hair, just that it is one thing to consider.

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks for the replys folks. my "problem" is that im bald on top:eek::tantrum: i'd love to grow it out and if i had the money i'd get a hair transplant but here i am. i was just wondering if it was better with long or short hair.

any other input/suggestions are more than welcome.

5. jewell

Maybe there is a partial wig for girls with thinner hair on top. i personally have been using a wig but stopped using it cause i feel like people know its a wig. unless u can afford a nice one. also wearing a wig will worsen your hair condition. so yea maybe seek one that just fills in the top. even a mans top wig would do if u styled it good.
    or grow it long and find some hats that suit u.

#5 jewell, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015