1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I genderfluid or transgender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RICKIElove, Aug 12, 2015.

1. RICKIElove

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello, so I am 20 years old, biologically female. I have finally come to terms with being genderfluid in a very unexepting home. However, I don't know if I'm genderfluid, or trans. I've changed my name from Lauren to Rickie (which works with both genders) I cut off all my hair, and I am buy an STP. I don't hate my female body, but I don't remember there ever being a day when I didn't wish I had a penis. I love skirts and crop tops, but I also love ties and button up shirts and other men's clothing. I don't know who I am, and it's killing me. Any advice would help so much... Thank you! Also, my depression decreased dramatically when I am able to express myself as a man as well as a girl.

2. FootballFan101

I really think you are genderfluid but only you know good luck you sound gender fluid anyway

3. sekliniak

sekliniak Guest

I would agree with Barcafan02. But it's also possible that you're bigender.

4. Keahi

Not everyone's gender identity is neatly encapsulated by a one-word description. Maybe you'll find a label that's right for you, maybe you won't, but you can (and most likely will) eventually come to feel you know yourself pretty well, no matter how many words it takes you to do that knowledge justice.

Meanwhile, genderfluid and bigender have been suggested. There's also genderqueer and non-binary. Or "transmasculine, with a subversive fashion sensibility (and relatively mild dysphoria)."

Just make the choices based on what makes you happiest, not on you're supposed to want, and the rest should follow.

#4 Keahi, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  5. Kvothe

I'm 29, and I have been (re)discovering my gender identity over the past year. At first I felt genderfluid, some days I'd feel more masculine, others more feminine. But growing up I was always a tomboy, building treehouses with my brothers and stuff. I never really liked the girly stuff. When puberty began I started exploring feminine clothes and stuff. And I guess it took me this long to get back in touch with that masculine part of me.
    Lately though I feel like that masculine part is starting to be more important to me... And it scares the living daylights out of me. I'm a pansexual in a relationship with a cisgender man. If I'm transgender I will lose the love of my life, he is the one that makes me feel whole.
    I don't care about labels, or how to call my genderidentity... I just feel really confused. How do you know whether you're genderfluid or transgender? I like the idea of being a man, but how do I know if I want to be a man forever?