1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ciswomen who undergo SRS to change sex organs alone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by enjeruciel, Aug 13, 2015.

1. enjeruciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Does this happen where ciswomen wish to be intersex or possess male genitalia and therefore undergo SRS simply to change sex organs alone i.e. without hormone therapy or pronounced gender dysphoria? Thank you in advance

2. FootballFan101

Yes you could be transexual but not trans gender its possible

3. Acm

Acm Guest

Just wondering, why would they want SRS if they're cisgender? To me it seems extreme to have such a major surgery done if you don't have any dysphoria. I don't know the rules for getting SRS, but it might be difficult if you're cis and still live as your birth sex.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Like Acm said, I would not know about the rules. And personally, I don't know if I think one should be able to use public funds to help with getting one's preferred genitalia if one doesn't have dysphoria or wish to live as non-birth sex. The public funds are there to help those who suffer from gender dysphoria. If one simply... wants it or likes the idea... I think maybe they should have to pay for it entirely by themselves in that case.

5. enjeruciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I didn't even realize there was public funding for SRS. From what I've seen people have always had to raise the money for it themselves, at least that seems to be the case in the US and the UK, but I know little about the subject. I suppose people like this would experience dysphoria in their genitalia alone or wish to express a more dual gender identity outside binary gender, so while they may be content with aspects of their contender, they would actually experience gender dysphoria with certain aspects, extreme enough food then to undergo surgery. I've just become more interested in non binary gender expression lately and wonder if there are people who live comfortably like this example.

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2015 at 09:22 AM ----------

*gender, for. Sorry for the typos, I'm using my phone do auto correct is a problem.

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2015 at 09:29 AM ----------

So they would in fact experience dysphoria just not for their entIre body as transgender people seem to feel (I say seem because I do not know how transgender people feel because I have not experienced extreme dysphoria myself, because I am not transgender, so I dint want to misstep so to speak.)

6. Thessa Blossom

I assume in Sweden it's like in Austria (comparable social expenditures in % of the GDP) if you meet all the diagnostic and treatment criteria, hormones and surgery is covered by social security.

Coming back to your example, I'm pretty sure it would not be covered by the welfare state.
    And still if money is available from private sources most doctors require official letters with diagnosis of gender dysphoria before performing any surgeries.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yes, Thessa, you assumed correctly. In Sweden transition is paid for to a large extent. (Here it's only a fraction of the cost for US tg people, for example.)

8. enjeruciel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Scandinavian government systems are incredible. You guys have it good.

9. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not just scandinavia, but many places like Canada and Europe cover it :slight_smile:. Sometimes, I feel a bit guilty that my surgery was covered while people have to raise money to do it in the states :frowning2:

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it's tough here for us in the States. Some insurance company cover trans related procedures, to which I'm pretty jealous of the people who got top surgery covered completely (or almost completely).

11. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My insurance covers it but sadly I come off of it at 25 and I'm currently 23, 24 in January, and I just do not have a way to see a therapist or doctor about transition.

As for CIA women wanting SRS. You'd be surprised by how many women I know who would actually do it. Was actually talking to a friend. She identifies as a women 100% but she says after she has birth all the children she wants she wouldn't mind having her boobs removed. Besides breastfeeding she finds no use for them and actually finds them to be annoying just hanging there and getting in the way. So when I ask what she thought about bottom surgery she also said she wouldn't mind that if medicine could advance enough to give better odds, but for most part she wants hyato after having kids.

12. thepandaboss

I've never heard of a ciswomen seriously consider it except maybe jokingly. But I can tell you right now that in the span of maybe a month I've come across at least three cismen who want to basically be, as they put it, FTM.

I guess to each their own but I can't help but feel that they're trying to have their cake and eating it too. Lord help them when they go to the doctor or hit the dating scene. It's not all roses.