1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LiveFree, Aug 14, 2015.

1. LiveFree

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I'm genderfluid however I been looking at words like gender queer and gender neutral and I was wondering does anyone know the distinct difference between them? It would really help, thank you so much! Xx

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Gender is a spectrum.

Genderfluid means your internal sense of gender flows on the spectrum. It might be that one day you feel male, the other female, the next day neutral. Not all genderfluid people flow across the entire spectrum however. Some flow e.g. only between male and neutral.

Genderqueer is a very broad umbrella label that covers everyone who isn't cis, if I understand it correctly. Don't quote me on this one, though. I suggest you google "genderqueer".

Gender neutral/neutrois is when one is around the middle of the spectrum. It can also be taken to mean that one doesn't really feel that one is a gender. It has overlap with agender, meaning lack of gender, a neutral feeling or other possible interpretations.