1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Shatter, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Shatter

Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you ever just not know what you are anymore?

Like, I've always been a little bit gender confused. Like, for a long while, I was a closet agender. Then, I started to not care if people called me a he, a she, or a they.

But then, I started to call myself a he. I found a name I liked but it's still not enough.

Like-- I know I have a female body and right now I want to be called a He and by my masculine name, but I try to visualize myself being an actual male and it doesn't work. It feels forced and wring and I don't know what's happening.

I feel like I don't fit in with all the females, or the males, I feel like I can't fit in with anyone or anything, it's UGH.

I feel like I'm just putting on a big show for nothing or something and I'm just acting not like a girl because I want to be special or something.,. Idk

I'm just really confused and hurt and I have no idea in the slightest who I am anymore hghghg

2. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, sorry to hear you're going through this! It really can be hard to figure yourself out. When I was still questioning, it was hard to actually imagine myself really being fully female. I even had a short period where I thought I was agender. So your fluctuations are completely normal. It's also possible you might genderfluid or something similar.
    Very relatable early on for me.

My advice here would really be just take your time as things like this can take a long time. If possible, try experimenting a little with different clothing styles. I really wish I could stick around and help some more, but I gotta leave for work. :/

Anyway hopefully I've helped a bit! (*hug*)

3. sekliniak

sekliniak Guest

Well, I can understand how you're feeling right now. My gender is very confusing for me too and sometimes I also feel like I don't know who I am anymore.
    In the end, only you know who you are. It takes time to figure out who you really are, so don't put so much pressure on yourself just because you're not quite sure about your gender.
    Like MsEmmzy said, try to experiment a little bit. Find out with what clothes and style you feel the most comfortable. Moreover, your gender indentity has nothing to do with your gender expression. If you want to be called a He and wear a dress at the same time, than it's totally okay. Just be yourself :slight_smile:
    I hope I could help you at least a little bit.

4. levi2000

Hey!

Don't be too stressed over finding a label for yourself. It will come to you eventually.
    In the meantime, just try to find friends who accept you the way you are, no matter what your gender is (you can just identify as genderqueer until you find something that suits you, if you find comfort in labels).

If you want to be called he, or be masculine, that doesn't change your identity. Gender is on the inside, not the outside! If you don't feel like a boy, then you aren't a boy!

You might want to check out "libramasculine" or "librafluid". Libramasculine means that you're agender, but have a connection to masculine things/clothes. Librafluid means that you're agender but fluctuate between having a connection to masculine things and having a connection to feminine things.

Good luck in defining yourself!

**quick note:
    Please try to avoid the phrase "female body", because this enforces the idea that your body determines your gender. Instead, use "afab", or "assigned female at birth". I don't mean to be rude by correcting you; I just want to avoid afab trans people getting offended. Thanks! :slight_smile:

5. Shatter

Out Status:
    Some people
    @ msemmzy

thank you ;w; / i have kinda thought i was gender fluid, maybe? i'm not sure though, i guess i just am a little.

i'll try that, i am getting really frustrated though because i can't wear anything i wan't ://

@ sekliniak

thank you, you really helped me!!

i'll try not to, but i always have problems trying to be "me", because well, everyone at school picked on me for being "me". :/ i'm working on it, though.

@ levi2000

i'll try not to, thank you! i have a few good online friends who accept me (and are even LGBTQ+ themselves) but i can't really try to come out to anyone else who'd actually physically near me :/

i've never heard of libramasculine and librafluid before! this sounds like it's my thing, oh my gosh thank you, i never knew this term existed. it's really hard to find exactly what term fits me because there are just so many and most of them get buried under the others!

and ah, i wasn't aware of that, thank you and i'll try to use that in the future instead :0